460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting some 90/10 drag shocks for the front of my 79 F150. I have been eyeing the Lakewood shocks. But if anyone might know another shock that might fit, please let me know!
Nothing matches perfect. It looks like I will have to go with a little shorter shock. It will be with-in ride height but not as long as the factory shock. I have tried talking to the companies but they won't suggest anything since they don't have my truck in their catalog!

·
Registered
382 Posts
if i was you i would fab up some mounts for any common 90/10s find the specs and fit ones that have a long travel 68 to 72 chevy chevelles are long travel

·
Registered
519 Posts
Shocks

I run Lakewoods on the front of my 70 Torino and adjustable CE's on the rear.
Do I like them?
I thought that they would work better than they did. They do work better than stock shocks but you get what you pay for. There some good expensive shocks that will work better and adjustable as well. My Lakewoods fit my Torino well. I wouldnt use a shock that did not fit.
I hear good things about the Rancho 9000 which is adjustable and probably fits your truck. The Rancho's are not expensive or cheap.

Dave

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try Rancho

My vote goes for the Rancho RS9000 shocks also. I went thru the same search for my '78 mud drag truck. I recently purchased a set for my truck after others had advised me of them. I like their adjustability, however I am awaiting for my local track to open to actually see how they work. I had also seen on another forum where a drag racer had put a set on his dragcar with CalTracks and had success with them.

www.gorancho.com

Pruducts.......then catalog for your application, PDF

It will be slow for dial-up.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you are looking to improve weight transfer front to rear the longer the front suspension stroke the better. The shock needs to be loose on extension then tighter on compression hence the 90/10 phenomenon. On a serious race car you would find double adjustable expensive shocks with nitrogen and other fun stuff. For a street car the 90/10 is a liveable option. You should also consider a softer taller spring as well. On cars we look for the six cylinder spring and then shim it to get the ride height back. Not sure about the trucks. I assume a small six would be the lightest motor available in your truck. The springs would probably be lighter than ones that came with a V8.

dkp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts