460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the rules for drag racing I won't have my bb car together but I wan't to bring down my small block mustang down and race it Joe.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Hondas??

My brother has a low, low 11sec 1/4 mile car. We thought about bringing it but we fiqured he wouldn't pass tech, it needs a roll cage.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
An 11 second tow vehicle??? Whats the point in that? I can get my car to the lanes faster than you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding jones!! Bring it on!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
bruno said:
we are driving how long to see a honda race ----
come on guys i thought this was BBF BASH !!!!
dont get me wrong there are some very fast imports out there and i respect all drag cars but come on i thought this was and exclusive BBF EVENT ....

JUST MY 2 CENTS
I joke, I joke,
That's the same thoughts he had. "He sure would hate to hurt peoples feelings who drove all that way just to find out they where slower than a Honda." :lol:

Na, it ain't coming. It's pushing a little more oil than normal and he is going for 10's this next weekend (11.06 @ 130mph 1/4) so the engine might not make it.

I was just trying to find me something to do. There was a good bit of time last year that I was bored.

D

·
0 Posts
jones said:
bruno said:
we are driving how long to see a honda race ----
come on guys i thought this was BBF BASH !!!!
dont get me wrong there are some very fast imports out there and i respect all drag cars but come on i thought this was and exclusive BBF EVENT ....

JUST MY 2 CENTS
I joke, I joke,
That's the same thoughts he had. "He sure would hate to hurt peoples feelings who drove all that way just to find out they where slower than a Honda." :lol:

Na, it ain't coming. It's pushing a little more oil than normal and he is going for 10's this next weekend (11.06 @ 130mph 1/4) so the engine might not make it.

I was just trying to find me something to do. There was a good bit of time last year that I was bored.

Bored !?!?! At the BBF Bash ? Whats the matter with you ?

If I had a big enough trailer id bring my street car along and make that Hondoooie wish it'd stayed home...... :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
jones said:
Well maybe this year ya'll will stay in longer than 1 round in the bracket racing!! :lol:
Yea.... Beat by a freakng Mini Van...... How shameful....... :roll:

I really can't stand when track rules let a car that is 8-10 seconds slower run againt a much faster car.... Its really dangerous........

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Have you ever tried this?

When you see you are going to run a slower car just back your ET down some. So that it works out you catch them by 3/4 track? Then all the pressure is on them. Most of the time they don't realize you dropped your Et and when they see you beside them towards the end they will slow down a little thinking they are about to break out. Then you just need to be a fender ahead for the win!

Works most of the time atleast around here.

Ps. It helps if you tell them 'don't break out now'.

D

·
0 Posts
Honestly, I cant stand playing games like that, thats exactly the crap that makes bracket racing no fun.

I like to get out, Run the car at what it can do, cut the best lights I can and have fun........

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
dfree383 said:
Honestly, I cant stand playing games like that, thats exactly the crap that makes bracket racing no fun.

I like to get out, Run the car at what it can do, cut the best lights I can and have fun........
Then why are you complaning about slower cars?? To me it makes it tougher for the faster car. :p

You just got beat! The mini van onzjew!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts