460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Drove the Dragons Tail This Afternoon, Wild Road !!! Anyonelse Ever Been down it?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I drove it last Fall, unbelievable. I've never had motion sickness, outside of an offshore boat trip, and I got a little of the puke feeling after that road. Good stuff.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I was curious so I went there to see it first hand; (my son takes his road race motorcycle there a couple times a year).

I was following a BRAVE driver with 18 wheeler truck and he very rarely had all the wheels on the pavement. Most of the time, at least 2 were hangen off the road and the trailer was twisten' at a different angle than the cab.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I can't believe we drove right past there last summer and didn't even know about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Make it there every september on the bike. Be going aagain this year also. It can be a little intimidating the first few times through.

·
Registered
49 Posts
DID YOU CHECK FOR YOUR PIX??

http://www.killboy.com for those who haven't seen the site....

They take pictures of every vehicle running the Tail of the Dragon and post them on the website sorted by date! You can buy selected or all images electronically or order prints and enlargements. Last I heard, they had three full time photographers working the curves!

Here are some shots of us on the way to my parents' in Brasstown, NC after last year's ('08) Bash. Go ahead and turn on the flames over my daily driver.... It was cheap and red!!!

What were you driving, Dave?

·
Registered
728 Posts
My brother went there last summer on his bike, but i missed the trip. I'm hoping to take the ole CB up there sometime in the next year or so and carve some corners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts