460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my dragster has a new home. :(

I sold it Friday night. It was a great car. I owned it for 4.5 yrs and it worked great, doing what it was supposed to do. I got a good offer though, and a guy drove from Tx to Alabama on Fri. He paid me and then a buddy and I pulled the running gear. The new owner was on his way home 4hrs from when he arrived.

I kept my alky injected 557BBF, trans, Ford motor plates, fuel system and vac pump setup.

Now it's time to look for a new race car! :D

Haven't decided yet. I might get a dragster (it's nice bringing a gun instead of a knife to a gunfight LOL) I also like going fast for cheap. I would also consider the "right" door car. Any door car would have to be a full tube chassis deal though. Nothing against backhalf type cars, but I had one for so long before the dragster that I was sick of working on it. Everything was always cramped and hard to get to with no room. A door car would have to be something I could remove all the panels in just a few mintues to get to everything.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duane said:
Just curious, where and who in Texas, and are they keeping it Ford powered?
I sold it to Bobby Coston of Brownsboro Tx, between Tyler and Dallas. No Ford Power. He's putting a BBC in it. I kept my Ford motor plates. He took the BBC plates that were with the car when I bought it.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
just get a little fiberglass T bucket body, build a frame and suspension, and make it a nasty street car... Ok, maybe that's not the type of suggestion you're wanting, but it's what I would do!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would get a chassis and put a fiberglass body on it like one of the suncoast mustangs. Run like all of those corvette roadsters do. You can run super comp or super comp and not just run dragsters all day long. They run very fast and easy like a dragster but much closer to a water pipe on wheels. Even with a Ford in them I hate them. Good luck though to whatever you choose.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jbozzelle said:
Is that why you didn't come to the bash? I was looking forward to seeing your rail...
Yep, that's why. The sale came up at the last minute. I already had the car loaded and the truck fueled.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike Jesse said:
Dave, does this mean no BBQ this year at BG? 8)
Unfortunately yes. I may have another car by then, but my daughter picked that weekend to get married. I won't be able to make BG as much as I wish I could.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts