460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i drove my 1975 maverick for the first time in almost a year today... finally got around to fixing the brakes... master cylinder went bad... had to go through 3 master cylinders to get the right one but now it stops without having to pump it up :) its still got the original 250 i6 but im almost done with my 347 stroker i want to drop into it (hydraulic roller cam, afr185 heads, all forged rotating assembly). ive got about 600 dollars or so left to come up with to finish it but it should be a fun toy when done and get ok mileage (figuring 15 highway on premium) :D
... if i had it to do over again it would have gotten a stock 351w roller engine swapped to carb... or maybe a 460 :D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i had same car basically. it was a fun ride for a 15 y/0 at the time. i ran all the country roads, then we built a track at my friends place and i ran circles around all them out there then it just turned into a demo derby and the the old comet didnt fare too well. it was a fun summer with the old girl though.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey bob... yep shes good to go... drove her around all day today... almost ran her out of gas though because the gauge doesnt work... she was sputtering a bit when i pulled up to the pump... i think i need to adjust the vacuum modulator on the tranny though... shifts a bit sluggish

·
Registered
178 Posts
Darrin you wouldnt happen to have a one piece oil pan gasket for a 460 would you? Trying to get my engine together this weekend and apparently mine grew some since last year.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i just used my oil pan gasket for my truck about a month ago when i converted my 78 f250 4x4 to a 460... it had been sitting with the swap oil pan though for about 3 years so if you had asked any time in the past 3 years i would have said sure ;)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the thing was so original when i got it it still had the factory 1975 plug wires and factory 1975 ford muffler... im replacing the plugs, wires, cap and rotor today... the smog pump and external egr crap and alot of the useless vacuum crap i did away with last summer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts