460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If you ***** us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? ..."

The guy (Dennis), like me is human. He deals with people eevry day. Some people are hard to deal with, and I may have acted with haste. I did't know he was a member here, or I may have acted otherwise before i posted what I did. Regardless, he is a guy trying to make a buck in a shitty economy, and it wasn't my place to try hit him in the pocketbook due to one less than pleasant exchange. He didn't rip me off, he did't try to hose me on a purchase, he was just rude,and I know I can be less than cordial if my day has been rough.

I had a short exchange of PM's with Dennis, and while he has admitted no fault, like it or not he exposed his own humanity. Having ran my own restaurant for more years than I wanted, I know it only takes so many difficult customers in a row before you lose patience. Maybe he had a bad run and I came in at a bad time?

The point is it's not for me to tell anyone not to trade with him, as I may not be any better than he on any given day. You can't please evrybody all the time.

I wont buy **** from him cause I tend to hold a grudge, but I understand him, and I forgive him. If he has something you need, for the right price, you should probably buy it. If he's a dick, so be it, but aren't we all once in a while?

Just from the short time I was trying to sell my truck on Craigslist, I ran into more than a few weirdos that tested my patience, so in hindsight, I kinda get it. When you sell something at a discount price you draw the weirdos like a moth to a porchlight, and maybe I sounded like just another weirdo.

Anyone got a tissue? Cause I'm tearing up.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well like I said in the other thread, 1 person gripping about someone I just figure it was a clash of personality or who knows, a dozen people gripping about a particular vendor or seller I figure the guy is just short with people or has zero people skills and has no place running a business that is dealing with customers, but when you see one hundred plus threads on a dozen different boards dealing with the same business or person I can't see how that can just be a bad day or a clash of personality that is someone that needs to go out of business or find someone else to do the customer service work. JMHO

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang it, this was meant for Chilly's garage, doesn't belong here. See, this is the type of ineptitude the guy might have to deal with every day. I don't even know if I spelled ineptitude right. Is that even a word? I'm going with it anyway.

·
Registered
355 Posts
DSC

well I have to agree with monsterbaby, we both have been around these forums for years....and have seen Hot roddrs come and go !!

I have numerous FE friends on different sites..and probably 7 out of 10 dont like dealing with Dennis....But he's got a nitch on alot of FE parts and some of the guys put up with his better than tho atitiude !!

Well He's made his money of the guys Now..and really doent have to try anymore, as he had there cash now.. And I know first hand that customers can be rough!!

but when you have the corner on the parts that alot of guys need and your about the only suppier of those parts...Friendship is not in the equation anymore...Its all supply and demand...And he knows that if he doent sell you that part...the phone will ring and someone else will buy it..Or he puts it on Epay..and some dummy will give him twice what its worth because he just wants his HotRod on the road!!

Its a shame to get cocky with your customers..But he has gotten away with it for all these years now...And its become to the Point Dennis you think you can walk on water!!

Now I got into it with Lem years ago, over a mis-understanding... And I bioled about it for a year....and after looking back..I realized the Man was just trying to help!! And I wrote him a year later and appologized for it...and he was Man enough to accept my appology!!

now thats the kind of Person that I wasnt to deal with...Not someone that thinks they have the Market on parts and you need to eat **** to get along with them..I put my pants on the same way as Dennis does...altho my pockets will never be a deep....It doesnt make him any better of person than any of us!!

I still know guys in the FE forums that buy from DSC...and more than not thay get there parts late...as in 4 to 6 week time period on something that was supposedy in stock....

So thats one of the reasons I moved on Now that my FE build parts are almost complete for my truck..onto a 460 Build.....the suppiers have a much better attitude!! Ok I'am off my soap Box !! LOL..

Russ :shock:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Mirror has 2 faces????????????????

Gee Russ. Last week I was your hero. This week your crying about me. What a difference a week makes! :roll:

Erson Rocker Set-up
July 11 2008 at 5:37 AM
Russ (Login RapidRuss)
Members

Response to Erson Rockers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn Dennis thats a smokin good offer Bud!!

"Real Men Dont Own Bowtie's"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dennis I have known you for years... and you have NOT been my Hero... Myself and alot of my FE brothren Have delt with you back when you worked out of a Trailer...

The only Hero I have ever had in my Life was My Dad and he's beed dead for year now... and rather I like you as a person or not..Has no bearing on you having crappy Customer service....

And the Older you get as some of us do...your getting quick tempered and at times down right RUDE to some of the same people that made you what you are today!!

And Yep I made that post about the erson's and would do it all over again...Because I thought and still do that it was/is a good deal.. And I thought adding that reply might draw some more Attention to it!!

Like I said I have been aware of you for years Having lived out in SoCal for 38 years before I moved 15 years ago back to Gods country.. Ray Masten and Myself Ran Bulldog Auto Machine shop back in the late 70's there in Redondo beach...

But Just because I dont belive in the way YOU run your business goes! As far as your people skills...Doesnt mean that people atill arent buying from you... You had to stay in business all these year for some reason ! But People skills isnt one of them Dennis !!

Like I said I dont think your really that bad of guy!! I have heard worse stories....But your people skills arent what they were years ago!!

Russ :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
RapidRuss said:
Dennis I have known you for years... and you have NOT been my Hero... Myself and alot of my FE brothren Have delt with you back when you worked out of a Trailer...

The only Hero I have ever had in my Life was My Dad and he's beed dead for year now... and rather I like you as a person or not..Has no bearing on you having crappy Customer service....

And the Older you get as some of us do...your getting quick tempered and at times down right RUDE to some of the same people that made you what you are today!!

And Yep I made that post about the erson's and would do it all over again...Because I thought and still do that it was/is a good deal.. And I thought adding that reply might draw some more Attention to it!!

Like I said I have been aware of you for years Having lived out in SoCal for 38 years before I moved 15 years ago back to Gods country.. Ray Masten and Myself Ran Bulldog Auto Machine shop back in the late 70's there in Redondo beach...

But Just because I dont belive in the way YOU run your business goes! As far as your people skills...Doesnt mean that people atill arent buying from you... You had to stay in business all these year for some reason ! But People skills isnt one of them Dennis !!

Like I said I dont think your really that bad of guy!! I have heard worse stories....But your people skills arent what they were years ago!!

Russ :)

Here's my point, Russ.

You don't know me at all. You may know my name, but that's about it. I wasn't involved in the business while you had your machine shop. I worked for the Service Center in LaHabra, CA.

As far as a Trailer Russ, I could get a line up of 10 guys with me as one and offer you $10,000 to pick me out. You'd pick the man in the moon. The only trailers I've ever owned are boat trailers, and they've always been occupied.

After I sold Ford Power Parts in 1978 to Ron, I went on to do other things in life(for some 22 years).

I didn't see you lurking around the corner all those years.

I opened DSC in 2000 at the request of my oldest son and his friend. He had a Mustang and wanted to race it. He asked me what happened to all the parts I used to have. I told him I could probably still get him the stuff he needed for his 428, and went about doing that.

It went from that, but like I told you, it's not going on forever.

I have a 28,000 name+ database of UNIQUE customers(most of them repeat customers), Russ, so my people skills are still just fine.

Beacause I may disagree with you, or you're statements has no bearing on that.

Maybe if I get sick you can donate me a Kidney, or a Lung, as to hear you tell it we're that close.

Don't be surprised if my body rejects it. It's not personal.

Dennis

·
Registered
158 Posts
Filucky said:
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=13571

riveracer tells all the secrets to making 1.8 hp per cubic inch out of BT heads, good reading! LOL :lol:

Are you illiterate(CAN'T READ/DON'T COMPHREHEND NUMBERS??), or just stupid(CAN'T LEARN HOW AFTER 2 WEEKS OF BEING TOLD THAT'S NOT WHAT IT IS ABOUT??)????

It says 1.7-1.8 is certainly possible, and it is with the BT Heads that offer the BBC port. You seem to be stuck on the fact that the customer in question REQUESTED BT Heads as HIS choice instead of what YOU would have chosen.

Perhaps you can't deal with the concept that it's HIS MONEY he spent on the part's HE WANTED, not your's.

Just deal with it. You're wrong. Too bad. End of story. PS,,,

And yes, I know all about the fact that you bought a Pulley AND it took a WEEK and a HALF to GET it, and YOU'RE UNHAPPY (even though it WENT RIGHT on and WORKED GREAT and was as DESCRIBED), and WON"T deal with ME again. IF YOU WOULD HAVE PAID SOONER, YOU WOULD HAVE GOT IT SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of story. I won't post on this thread again, so let your gas out now, boys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: .

Dennis

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I'am not gonna beat a dead horse.....Its just thats simple....Dennis I never said we were close..... I belive My words were "I was aware of you"

And the reason I mentioned the Shop Ray and I had back in the late 70"s was the fact that we use to campagne a 38 Fiat Tupolino A/EA back then all over the west coast.... "Saturday Night Fever"

But thats neither here nor there....I'am done....

And BTW..Lem And Charlie are two of the best Guys and Engine Builders you would ever want to meet.... They have so many tricks up there sleeves its kind of scary!! and Ol Uncle Charlie is one of the Best head porters in the USA !!

Have a Great Day !! See Ya !!

Russ :D

Russ

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wasn't going to post anything but i thought what he had to say about a few BBF guys that are as nice, honest and good at building reliable big hp BBF's as Lem and Charlie just showed his poor charactor. But like RiverRacer said "God is God and Charlie is Charlie" well i guess when God starts porting heads Charlie will be out of a job! But intill then i think Charlie is doing a pretty good job. :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
LOL..well i will make this my Last...I hadnt had achance to see what Dennis posted over there on the boat sire regardingUncle Charlie...

But ...I believe he said GOD is GOD and Charlie is Charlie!! well right fully so!! Nobody ever said that Charlie and Lem could walk on water?? LOL..

But I was going to add in that site...that Charlie does Gods port work for him...cause God doesnt have time.. LOL... I just consider the source now and let it go...

just like he said Charlie in his Max effort BT heads left alot on the table..that there's secrets to porting them? Well I would think if that were the case...Charlie would have found it...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Charlie is doing a pretty good job. :lol:[/quote]

I think you need to go reread the thread your quoting from Performance boat. You'll see I said the same thing, except I referred to it as a 'very good job'.

I'm sure Charlie appreciates your efforts at defending him, but he was never attacked. I simply stated that 380 wasn't the end of the new style BT Heads as far as flow @ .800". If that's blasphemy against the clique here, too bad. It's the TRUTH, and that shouldn't hurt anyone.

RR :mrgreen:

·
Registered
158 Posts
just like he said Charlie in his Max effort BT heads left alot on the table..that there's secrets to porting them? Well I would think if that were the case...Charlie would have found it...[/quote]

RRRiiiggghhttt, Citizen Russ!! If you use someone or something that's not within the Clique, or get a better result than what the Clique accepts as the best possible outcome, your in deep DOO-DOO. Be careful what you type, speak or dream.

Thanks for the entertainment. RR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts