460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of questions:
1 Can the reluctor be installed 180* out of phase without any neg effects?
2 Can the top end parts of the Duraspark be interchanged between the BB and SB?
3 Is there an easy way to lock the plate if the vacuum adv mechanism is removed?

The reason for all the questions is I got my Comet running again after a 5yr storage and have no more plans to race. I pulled my dual pt and installed a Duraspark to fire my Jacob's ign box. Since the old dist was set up to run at 8000+ and needed to start easily, it had 44* total and set at zero initial....(don't laugh, it worked really good...LOL). I have a few BB Duraspark's in various conditions but only 1 for a SB.
Before I assemble what I want with what I have, I need the answers.
Thanks guys.
Mark

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Couple of questions:
1 Can the reluctor be installed 180* out of phase without any neg effects?
2 Can the top end parts of the Duraspark be interchanged between the BB and SB?
3 Is there an easy way to lock the plate if the vacuum adv mechanism is removed?

The reason for all the questions is I got my Comet running again after a 5yr storage and have no more plans to race. I pulled my dual pt and installed a Duraspark to fire my Jacob's ign box. Since the old dist was set up to run at 8000+ and needed to start easily, it had 44* total and set at zero initial....(don't laugh, it worked really good...LOL). I have a few BB Duraspark's in various conditions but only 1 for a SB.
Before I assemble what I want with what I have, I need the answers.
Thanks guys.
Mark

yes, parts are the same, except for gear, and shaft on your small block, you can install the wheel wrong, it has a alignment pin

I either weld the plate,or drill a hole thru top and bottom then install a screw to hole it,you will need to install shims between top and bottom plate .(washers work fine)

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you interchange the wheels from a different dist, how will you know if it's out 180* ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts