1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Have mercy....that's one pretty motor! I actually was looking at that exact thread today during work earlier and have been anxiously awaiting dyno numbers.

I haven't built a BBF so can't give an accurate guestimate....but, um a SWAG of 950?

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
um a SWAG of 950?

Good luck and have fun!
FYI,

That would be 1.8 HP cu/in with slightly ported A-460's out of a single carb. That would be one of the best performing engines posted here and make more HP/Cu in. than a few 600" dual dominator C-460 engines.

That would put quite a few people to shame. ;)

G-Code

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes, but just giving at least +75 for being purdy!

FYI,

That would be 1.8 HP cu/in with slightly ported A-460's out of a single carb. That would be one of the best performing engines posted here and make more HP/Cu in. than a few 600" dual dominator C-460 engines.

That would put quite a few people to shame. ;)

G-Code

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Good luck with it, Dave. I'm guessing 870. 715 torque. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
looks like we have the identical shortblock, I have a rough Idea what mine makes, you have more head, not sure on the cam.

If it didnt make 850 I'd throw it in the dumpster.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ok Had some Cam Bearing issues........ Spun #5.... &*$#@*! 'r.......

Did Get a couple of pulls.... but only 4500-6500rpm

No Tuning... 1050 Dominator not 1250..... 32 degrees timing, 841 hp @ 6500 and climbing, 726 Ft Lbs of torque and Flat as Kansas.

Started loosing power on 3rd pull, we stopped cut the filter apart and found metal.....

4 Lessons Learned over the weekend.

1) Cam Bearing Clearances are as Critical or More Critical than Crank Clearances, Tripple Check everything...... The bigger the Cam and The Higher the Spring Pressures make it even more critical. You need to watch Cams they typicaly come on the high side of the specifications for Diameter and it could spell desaster of you don't check everything.

2) Main Girdles ain't worth a **** !!! No signs of Detonation, No Bottom End BS...... Caps where walking like no body business..... I'm thinking a factory 2 bolt block should be limited to 700-750hp (with reasonable compression / cylinder pressure) if your expecting any kind of long term reliability.

3) Charlie is Ready, Able and Willing to Eat 24 hours a day....

4) We have discovered that Lem is Homo "Flex" ic..... LOL

Dave

1 - 20 of 43 Posts