460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody makes a kit for this application - nobody. So here's a Pic that I'd like to get ideas on opening up the air intake. There are no "horns" to cut out between the air filter box and the throttle body - it seems for these, they did that right after the bend before going into the air box.

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
BTW, not a Pic of mine but it's the exact same...
As noted before. Look at the air pick up tubes just aft of the cold air pick up. There is the silencer. Remove the restriction and add a K&N.
That will be fine.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do I replace those restrictions with?? Those are two holes split from one right after the air intake nozzle or whatever it's called - it's all one piece. It's not the trucks where you can just attach the hoses... I have a k&n already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i did not find the restrictions on my '95 when i looked. fyi: the stock air filter is also used on pintos. prob explains why the filter material would slowly disappear from my k & n.they did warranty it every time w/ no complaints. that looks like a Banks air horn... or is my memory backwards... i ended up grafting a k & n FIPK for the same year F350. that kit is now 63-1014. not legal in CA btw. it works good

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did not find the restrictions on my '95 when i looked. fyi: the stock air filter is also used on pintos. prob explains why the filter material would slowly disappear from my k & n.they did warranty it every time w/ no complaints. that looks like a Banks air horn... or is my memory backwards... i ended up grafting a k & n FIPK for the same year F350. that kit is now 63-1014. not legal in CA btw. it works good

Pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry no pix. van not here. i did pull the BBK dual 61mm TB to have the entry portion bored out as it is smaller than the butterfly and exit bores and my machinist totally dorked it. now it needs a complete rebore and new throttle plates. i substituted a dual 65mm TB from a different Ford. it has one large oval entry so i found an oval to 3" round rubber boot and using 3" aluminum tubing and a silicon 90deg hose adapted that to feed a large oval K&N.tubing exits TB and aims for the front corner where the stock battery resides. it then makes a 90deg downward turn and the filter mounts right behind the headlamp.
when i first did things to my van, i added the ambulance second battery tray on the pass side of the core support and fitted the appropriate battery. when i did the new air filter deal, i removed the main oe battery and that space is where the air filter lives. at that time i put a pair of batt's at the rear under the body on a tray that lowered down from the frame rail. i also went to a dual 200A alt setup - at that time i was working for a major car audio mfr so my van was used for product testing.and we were making 2000W class D amps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts