460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Kentucky had a earthquake this morning and the ground was shaking or was Charlie Dynoing something special for the Bash!! :D
Frank

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
No he just fell of his stool :shock:

Blake

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have heard from a lot of friends back in west ky that said it got pretty shaky...

·
Registered
708 Posts
It was interesting...shook the house mildly...no damage.

·
Registered
928 Posts
was a magnitude scale quake centered in southeastern IL, approx 5 miles from Bellmount IL, and was centered a little over 7 miles down. supposedly felt from atlanta to Michigan and over to DSM. funny part was I probably should have felt it but at the time it happened I just happened to be pulling through a really rough parking lot in Bartonville IL with the semi, so I just thought it was a rough trip over them pot holes LOL.

·
Registered
867 Posts
monsterbaby said:
was a magnitude scale quake centered in southeastern IL, approx 5 miles from Bellmount IL, and was centered a little over 7 miles down. supposedly felt from atlanta to Michigan and over to DSM. funny part was I probably should have felt it but at the time it happened I just happened to be pulling through a really rough parking lot in Bartonville IL with the semi, so I just thought it was a rough trip over them pot holes LOL.
You must be talking about the one next to McDonalds. I live in East Peoria. I didn't feel it but I sleep like a rock.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My wife felt it and no I had nothing to do with her feeling the earth move. Not at 4:30 in the morning.

Actually a 5.2 or 5.4 (depending on who you listen to) is a good thing. It relieves stress between the plates that has been building up for 40 years. I'd rather have a 5 every once in while than a 8 or 9 less regularly. I feel for the people closer to the epicenter that had damage but it would have been much worse if it were rated higher. Quakes are rated on a logarithymic scale (a 6 is 10 times worse than a 5 and a 7 is 100 times worse).

I came from the west coast where we'd feel quakes all the time. You'd hardly pay any attention to the little ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts