460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap

In light of recent discussion in my build thread here: http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156733:(

I'll be taking off the Current Air gap intake in search of better throttle response and low end grunt for my mild build. it's got probably about 500 miles on it plus break in time on a dyno.

I'm in Houston, TX and will ship it or get rid of it locally. Just keep in mind if you are a local I can go down on the price. It'll come off the truck sometime this week.

Seeing as this is $350 new and it's used I'll take 250 for it local or 280 shipped in the lower 48.

Speak up for it if you want it and I'll ship it later this week when it comes off.

This is the link to the same part on jegs for extra info:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/7566/10002/-1

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The standard performer model. Not the rpm one. I want the power down at idle better

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not even sure what that is. im not the most knowledgeable about these things. Ill probably just stick with the base performer model since that was what was reccomended to me and what im familiar with.

Ill probably try to have the part in by wednesday and get it installed and tuned by the end of the week which cuts my down time for the truck. Ill likely be driving it to work the week after cause my subaru will be going under the knife for a turbo, intercooler, injector and fuel pump swap so ill need it to be usable the entire time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do you know if this intake can be port matched to the SCJ heads?
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not actually sure. first thought is no I dint think it can. Maybe someone well chime in with the answers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
found this on summit

RPM Air-Gap 460: Designed for 429/460 c.i.d. Ford V8s for high-performance use. Fits
standard or Cobra-Jet cylinder heads. Features an Air-Gap design, resulting in a cooler,
denser charge for more power. No provisions for exhaust heated chokes and no exhaust
crossover.

hope that helps

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, hadn't had time to look it up yet. So I guess it does fit cobra jet heads.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im gonna guess it would need a port match done tho
But at least it'll work.

I'm sure it should be done, but looks like it will line up fine generally speaking. I'm sure it could have been better off port matched to my heads as well since i'm sure it didn't line up exactly perfect there either.

Still got it if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if i didnt just buy a victor 460 i would buy it off of you
it happens every time... i buy a new part and someone puts up some nice used stuff on here and i kick myself over it lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is no longer available. I traded it to the shop for a free dyno/tuning session.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts