460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start this off im 18 and I dont really like carbs and I have an efi 460 so I started searching for a way to run efi with any cam and motor combo I want. So over a year ago I did a MAF conversion using a fiveology racing kit on my 460 and all went well. Then I had to get the truck tuned because the 94-95 mustang ecm was having trouble learning the motor and all smog codes were deleted. So then I deleted the egr and smog pump to clean up the engine bay and I was happy with it but im saving toward a built motor and I saw how bad the stock intake elbow was so now my latest project is converting it into a single blade throttle body and aftermarket intake elbow. I just ordered the efi to carb bracket and am ordering my throttle body and intake elbow tomorrow. The elbow is a 90mm elbow for a foxbody and the throttle body is an 80mm for a foxbody. After doing all this I will be ready to put in a built motor when the time comes. Im going to keep updating this post as not many people have done and is hard to find info on.

As a reference this is the stock elbow.

·
Premium Member
8,908 Posts
I was speaking about this with a caller a day or so ago.
As bad as that elbow looks it is not an impediment to a 400 hp EFI crate engine like we build. With a 61mm BBK throttle body it supported a 500 hp 545 EFI stroker.

The HD 429 EFI snake is open.

If you want to mount a 4150 elbow on the OEM intake there is an adapter I can have made to allow this.

You could also mount a 4 barrel TB on our HP4150 adapter.

Russell at 460 EFI guys also has some options.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was speaking about this with a caller a day or so ago.
As bad as that elbow looks it is not an impediment to a 400 hp EFI crate engine like we build. With a 61mm BBK throttle body it supported a 500 hp 545 EFI stroker.

The HD 429 EFI snake is open.

If you want to mount a 4150 elbow on the OEM intake there is an adapter I can have made to allow this.

You could also mount a 4 barrel TB on our HP4150 adapter.

Russell at 460 EFI guys also has some options.

SJ
used 2b RHP

Yep I remember the conversation I have an adapter plate on the way and ordered my parts today. I just want an easier to work on motor and something nice for people to look at when the hoods open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I’ve followed through and put the parts on the truck I’m waiting for the intake tubing to come in Monday or Tuesday and I will be able to report back with more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finishing up this thread the trucks running and I still have some minor throttle adjustments to do but everything turned out pretty decent. As for gains it was a half a second quicker down low and the stock whine at high rpms is gone. It is rather twitchy but the tuner said he would take care of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts