460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine is swapping a 1994 EFI 5.8 into an early Bronco for use as a mud toy. He says he's heard of a commercially available wiring harness that excludes the unnecessary emissions stuff for off road use, but hasn't been able to locate one. I'm a carbureted/drag race sort of guy, so I'm no help . Any of you EFI gurus know of such a thing?

·
Registered
95 Posts
He might try Painless Wiring. They've got EB harnesses. Also, your buddy might want to consider getting a Lightning or similar intake as the truck intake is rather tall compared to a Mustang type like the Lightning.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whatcha mean, "EB harness"? No problem with hood clearance......custom scoop. Probably would run better with the Lightning piece, though, eh?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
source

www.fordfuelinjection.com has them.

Or, you could just buy 5.0 mustang harness kit from FMS or Summit or out of a dead car and strip out what you don't need. In fact, ANY EFI harness from any SEFI V8 Ford car can be made to work...and you'll find that non-mustang harnesses are half the price in bone yards. You'll have to rewire and repin; but it's not that big of a deal.

Lastly, if you don't tell the processor the smog stuff (egr, thermactor, tab, tad, canp, etc) is missing, you have a new problem. You need to recalibrate the processor if you want it to run like factory. Otherwise, there will be some (somewhat minor, but very annoying) drivability and fuel economy problems as well as an illuminated check engine light and the inability to tell if something "serious" is wrong.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch, guys. You make me look like a hero to my friend. Randy.......I think he's still interested in your deal. Will let you know ASAP, just waiting for him to sort out the info we've received.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts