460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my 88 f250 (affectionately known as the f-2sh*ty) has a tonne of blow by and burns oil like no other under load. Anyway I stumbled upon a 94 460 with 40,000ish miles on it for $480. I plan on getting a 521 together for the truck at some point in the next couple of years and will retain efi through out.

In the mean time this 460 will get rings gaskets and I think the 06169 lunati cam and probably an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from bbk. From what I've gathered that should run fine with the stock SD Efi on the truck for now. In the future I will upgrade to a better system as I go along for use with bigger cams, likely something in the voodoo line up.

I'm thinking the newer holley terminator X system part #550-937 will be the winner for me just for simplicity sake and not having to bother with a complicated tuning interface if I don't want to.
Holley EFI 550-937 Terminator X Ford MPFI Kit

There's also western motorsports sds efi system
WMS / SDS Digital Injection System
This has the simplicity appeal to it as well, but a tiny bit more complicated than the holley system.

What would you people go with and why? Open to other suggestions as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
well i run a dual power added fitech system 1200hp and if I wasn't a a 40 experienced tech and knew how to research stuff i would never had gotten it tuned in where it can learn effectively, I hear allot of good on the Holley sniper system and if I change mine out that will be the one I go with because it is a WHOLE lot easier to mess with and dial in but also everyone says "there system" is plug and play pffft they all need some help dialing in and need better this and that stuff like for example the fitech temp sensor is 5 degrees off I had to go to a Delco there o2s failed after 6 months I went to a bosh for a jetta (yes a jetta) and it works great there is a blue wire you half to shield from ignition interference and other stuff so examine and research extensively before dropping 3k on fuel injection get the right system for you

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Holley EFI, much much better support, excellent product. As said above, they claim plug and play, yes and, you will need to do some fiddlin with it.

Dan

·
Registered
936 Posts
NOT Fitech (I run one 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 it's broke and I have my carb back on). Go with a Holley system. Haven't heard anything but good about them.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
holley carb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOT Fitech (I run one 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 it's broke and I have my carb back on). Go with a Holley system. Haven't heard anything but good about them.
Yeah fitech is off the table, seen plenty of those go tits up, not impressed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts