460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an EGR valve on my stock intake 85 or so vintage E250 Van engine 460ci. Want to remove the EGR and block off the exhaust opening on the intake and add a 1 inch spacer and then a Edelbrock carburetor. I know I can just leave the EGR in place disconnected as a spacer. But I'd like to not have it. Anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was looking at my extra intake in the basement and wondering the same a few weeks ago, and thinking welding the hole shut so there would be no leak but I have no idea if it would work or not of ruin a intake. There is only (so it seems) the one area that stick out that i would think that would leak.

I too will wait for smarter people.

Peace and Love Ron

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Have an EGR valve on my stock intake 85 or so vintage E250 Van engine 460ci. Want to remove the EGR and block off the exhaust opening on the intake and add a 1 inch spacer and then a Edelbrock carburetor. I know I can just leave the EGR in place disconnected as a spacer. But I'd like to not have it. Anyone have a solution?
Here is a hint ... what is done to the timing cover when the fuel pump is no longer used ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is a hint ... what is done to the timing cover when the fuel pump is no longer used ?
He is not taking about where the egr bolts to the spacer ( thats easy)
He is talking about the hole in the top of the manifold right beside the new carb spacer . Hint read question completely.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
He is not taking about where the egr bolts to the spacer ( thats easy)
He is talking about the hole in the top of the manifold right beside the new carb spacer . Hint read question completely.

That reply is over 12 years old...
We were used to his sarcasm.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
It just rubbed be wrong no harm intended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts