460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now we have the car running I was wondering what kind and size electric fans everyone is running. 460 crate engine from Ford with a Griffin alum. radiator in a 87Lx. Only have 3 inches to the front of water pump.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I used two Spal 12" pushers mounted in front of the radiator. During the original mockup I had two pullers with plenty of room but it made getting to the crank snout difficult to turn the engine over for valve adjustment. Mounted in the front works quite well. Although my radiator is custom made and probably bigger than yours, I actually turn one fan off while it was running in my shop.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am using a pair of spal 11" pullers,plenty room for getting to everything. they are the same ones that summit/jegs sells with the BE COOL radiator package. flow 2780cfm. I found a place that sells them for much less than what jegs wants for them. I can send you pics of the install when I get home to my puter .

·
Registered
166 Posts
You might want to look into a dual fan setup off of a 96ish Dodge Intrepid. These things pull 4000+ cfm . I used one on my old 408W and loved it.
You will have to trim the sides to get it to fit a 31x19 radiator, but its no big deal.

·
Registered
730 Posts
fans

djquik88 said:
You might want to look into a dual fan setup off of a 96ish Dodge Intrepid. These things pull 4000+ cfm . I used one on my old 408W and loved it.
You will have to trim the sides to get it to fit a 31x19 radiator, but its no big deal.

that looks good could you post somemore pic's from the side?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
514FOX87, type in http://www.jaycorptech.com/ they have them for 239.90 in the cooling section you will need the fan wiring kit also for 47.90 , you may also need another basic kit for 34.90 to hook up both fans. My kit came with 2 when I ordered it in 04, looks like they sell them individual now. still alot cheaper than jegs!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Give me your email & I can send you pics of my fan setup, I can't seem to get pics to load on this forum :?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes they were a BIG help! Also found the fans on ebay for 210.00 plus shipping. Thanks again!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put dual 11" spal fans on and at idle the car won't heat past 165. Being to cool is certainly a lot better then over heating. :D But... now the front seal is leaking on the C-4 :x Two steps forward, one step back! :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts