460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an electric water pump work OK on a street application?

Also, are the Pro Comp pumps any good?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Will an electric water pump work OK on a street application?

Also, are the Pro Comp pumps any good?

Thanks,

Jim

#1: Yes
#2: ROFLMAO! OK, sure, if you don't mind re engineering most everything about the mounting so it fits and doesn't leak, then go for it......You get what you pay for.....
Rob

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,

I'm a newbie, so I asked the question.

Guess I saw that so many were selling, I assumed their product must be OK.

I haven't bought one -- I'll keep looking here for a used Mezzaire or something.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Been using MOROSO electric water pump, no issues what so ever in a 650hp 545. Even on long cruises on a hot day!! Just need a good radiator and twin thermo fans with a shroud.

Stay away from pro comp SHIIIIIIIIIIT altogether.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Rob,

I'm a newbie, so I asked the question.

Guess I saw that so many were selling, I assumed their product must be OK.

I haven't bought one -- I'll keep looking here for a used Mezzaire or something.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim, I didn't mean to come across as being so harsh. Sorry. But most anything that says Pro Comp on it has issues one way or another....I can tell you that from direct knowledge. Like I said, if you want to buy their stuff and then take the time to re machine most of the fitment areas, then you'll have a serviceable piece....note I didn't say good. The problem is that they sell lots of pieces to unsuspecting people that expect to get the good stuff at "back alley" prices and, for the most part, the customer is disappointed with the quality. Like I said, my Grand Ma taught me that you DO get what you pay for.....generally speaking.
Rob

·
Registered
294 Posts
yea i actually just bought a pro comp pump and had trouble with on of ears cracking so there was a leak there, then there were leaks everywhere lol i got them all fixed and now it works good. so i had to buy two pumps to make one and now i have a spare.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I have a billet CSR pump. It is metal art work and I've never had an issue with it. The mounting hardware and backing plate they sent with it looks awsome as well.

Definitely OK for the street.

A warning light for if the pump quits isn't a bad idea either. If the water isn't pumping the temperature gauge reading can lag due to no circulation. You will heat it up and pop it before you know it if the pump quits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts