460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1999 f150 and I was wondering if it is easy to connect the big block 460 1992 wiring haress to anything on the truck(buying a new computer for the big block), and use is fuel injection. I have a e4od transmission and so far from what I heard its only electronically powered so I must go fuel injection. Is it hard though?( Ih have all the harness and injectors and stuff)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not sure about the wiring harnesses being able to be intermingled but you are right about the transmission being computer controlled but there are stand alone transmission controllers available that allow you to use a carburetor with the computer controlled transmission. That said you can't use your present trans behind a 460 it won't bolt up if it's from a 4.6 or 5.4 modular V8. You will need to get a E4OD trans from a earlier 460 or some other custom transmission for this combination. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I own a 1999 f150 and I was wondering if it is easy to connect the big block 460 1992 wiring haress to anything on the truck(buying a new computer for the big block), and use is fuel injection. I have a e4od transmission and so far from what I heard its only electronically powered so I must go fuel injection. Is it hard though?( Ih have all the harness and injectors and stuff)
No

1 - 3 of 3 Posts