460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the new engine masters mag and read over the 2007 EMC results and noticed that a 385 was not represented. There was a BBC and a caddy.
Curious as to the reason no one built a bbf for this.

Isn't funny that the old ford dog the 400M has recieved so much glory the last few years?

What about a set of 3 valve heads for a 385?
Just an interesting topic for me anyways and with all of the expert engine builders I thought we might hear some interesting explanations. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Well, the 3V Cleveland style heads from CHI are certainly a great head ... John C, (owner of CHI), was convinced that an UP-sized head for a 385 engine just wouldn't be a good seller with all the other offerings in the marketplace.
He had a low profile single plane manifold designed and prototyped for the CJ intake ported heads and it worked great from what he says but, again, he is convinced that the market for that manifold is too small to spend the money to go into production.

Oh well ... I disagreed with him however, it's his money and he can certainly put it into whatever investment he wishes.

As Dave said, this year the 385 will be represented in the EMC with a few entries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts