460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I actually shot it for Emma. We are allowed 1 cull buck and one 'good' buck. At one time I had this guy, and a 6 pointer, and an 8 pointer and a 10 pointer within 100 yards of me. The 10 was an okay deer, but only about 14" wide. I am hoping for about 17" wide. At least I got a little meat in the cooler, even though it was a small bodied deer. Looks like my dog CJ was hungry or curious?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Congrats Stephen... :D Meat's meat man that's all that matters... I'm headed out tomorrow to get some more... I have 7 doe tags and my son has 2, so we should have a pretty good load if all goes well... 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
Congrats Stephen... :D Meat's meat man that's all that matters... I'm headed out tomorrow to get some more... I have 7 doe tags and my son has 2, so we should have a pretty good load if all goes well... 8)

Doug... 8)
Around here you can kill as many as you want as long as it's not smaller than a spike.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jones said:
Man,,,, what did you kill that spike for? :lol: :lol:
food! I make my own sausage and it is gooood! Usually about 75 links of smoked and 20 links of dried sausage.

Hey Doug, I am using those Hornady SST bullets (117 grain 25-06) and that spike was torn up and the bullet went fully through. It was only about 75 yards away. :oops: This evening I shot a 90 pound hog and she was about 80 yards away and the bullet went fully through and left an exit wound I could put my beer can through. Those SST's tear stuff up, but retain their weight and go all the way through. I'm happy with them

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Our parts manager got a real nice 13 point this week, weapon of choice was an 08 Focus................ :lol:

Whats up with the cheap beer??????

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Keystone light :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
A buck in the truck is worth two in the bush any day. :lol: My brother went elk hunting in CO this last weekend, he said the beer to elk ratio was quite high. :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richter69 said:
Whats up with the cheap beer??????
I don't get it? What other beer is there?

I like in order:
1) free
2) Keystone
3) Cheap
4) Coors
5) Beast light
6) Busch Light

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Steve what kind of sausage do you make? When you say dry sausage do you meat air dryed or smoked? Good shoot'en, great looking baby must take after Mom. :lol:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hey, what's that sticker on the truck window? I thought political threads were a no-no! :lol: I like the Hornady bullets too. I've just used the interlock soft point round nose in my .458 Win Mag (I load them with 76 grains of RL-15, so not max loads but close with the 500 grain bullets). Haven't used them hunting yet as there's not many elephants or rhino around here, but digging them out of soft dirt (wayyy back in they hole they make) shows great expansion and the jacket holds together with the lead.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uf63 said:
Steve what kind of sausage do you make? When you say dry sausage do you meat air dryed or smoked? Good shoot'en, great looking baby must take after Mom. :lol:
I mix 40/60 hog/deer meat. For my dried sausage I smoke it about 12 hours and then keep it in the smoke house for a week or so until it's dry (cured). Sometimes I have to give it a little heat, but I never get the temp above 100 deg. I love the dried sausage. Some people over dry it, but I like mine with still a little moisture in it.

Scott- I was wondering if anyone would notice that. FYI I am not trying to do some subliminal politicking :lol:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I'll be honest, most beer tastes like horse piss and no I dont know what horse piss tastes like personaly. I can tolerate a good strong dark beer, but that cheap stuff I'd just rather do without. Its about quality, not quantity.

I prefer a good Tennesse whisky............. :wink:

I'm just givin ya crap, so dont get all bent about it :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts