460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to start on my 460. Does anybody know a good engine builder in Edmonton who knows Fords?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Engine Builder

Yes I do !

PM me your details and I can give you a couple different places based on how wild or mild your build is going to be. I live about an hour southwest out at Rimbey. I use mainly Red Deer shops with good results.

Later Mark

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Yes I do !

PM me your details and I can give you a couple different places based on how wild or mild your build is going to be. I live about an hour southwest out at Rimbey. I use mainly Red Deer shops with good results.

Later Mark
I built and shipped a Mopar street/strip/nostalgia engine for a guy in Alberta. Somewhere right in the middle, between Calgary and Edmonton.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Mopar

Randy do you remember his name by chance. The Mopar guys are a small tight knit group out here and I have a few mopar buddys that may know him.

There was a really good Mopar shop in Red Deer AB about 20-25 years ago called Lee Bros Performance(Allan Lee) and used to win some NHRA Super Stock stuff in the late eighties I don't remember which class but it was a 426 hemi challenger or cuda. But all gone now.

Later Mark

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Randy do you remember his name by chance. The Mopar guys are a small tight knit group out here and I have a few mopar buddys that may know him.

There was a really good Mopar shop in Red Deer AB about 20-25 years ago called Lee Bros Performance(Allan Lee) and used to win some NHRA Super Stock stuff in the late eighties I don't remember which class but it was a 426 hemi challenger or cuda. But all gone now.

Later Mark
Mark ... you have a PM.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Pretty sure Allen Lee died a couple of years ago. Not sure if the brothers are still going or not. He did build some nice super stock cars to be sure.

dkp

·
Registered
895 Posts
Lee Bros

bosshoss,
That was Dwight.

Al and his son have a small custom shop in the Blindman Valley Industrial Park on the north side or Red Deer AB. Back in the day they ran the manual class in Super Stock I think, set some records that are probably broke now but did put Red Deer AB on the map.

Here is an excerpt from Mission Drag strip in 2005 when you may remember them.

"There is high anticipation that the eight-forty mark will fall here next weekend, but Holton isn't the only big bad Hemi car coming back to MRP. Of course the other WCH Cudas of Michael Ogburn and Jerry Jenkins will be here, as will maybe the coolest drag car in Canada, the Lee Bros. all black SS/A '68 Hemi Cuda from Red Deer Alberta. After a sad '04 when a family car accident forced them leave here before making a run, and a wet '03, Allyn Lee will bring the most feared Hemi stick car in the world to the track he loves. If all goes well look for a number of SS/A cars to be here."

FWIW Mark

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Depending on what you are looking for Randy at Pro Stock has built many big block Fords from stockers to strokers, blowers and even recently an 850 hspr street hemi.

·
Registered
451 Posts
In the mid-70's Fallnationals there was a S/S hemi cuda called "old trapper"
I think that car was from Edmonton. Back in the day it was very competitive in super stock.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I'm getting ready to start on my 460. Does anybody know a good engine builder in Edmonton who knows Fords?
What kinda build are you looking at doing?

I would be looking for the most knowledgable builder, not the closest.

A couple of hundred on shipping is money well spent if you don't live next to Randy M or the other builders on this site.:)

Bruce

1 - 12 of 12 Posts