460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've been told that Charlie Evans, makes the best ones! I would recommend contacting Charlie to see if he'd make one for you. I bought one from Jeg's, and it worked pretty well for rolling a bare block around but when we tried to put an assembled engine on it- the wheels folded over. I picked one up from eastwood.com (part#29341) that bolts on to the motor mount holes and leaves the back of the block open. I was able to bolt my C6 up to the block while it was still sitting on the engine stand.It comes with just "skids", but they also sell an optional wheel kit (kinda pricey)!
Gary

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Charlie has some Kick *** Heavy Duty Ones.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i guess im going to need one too....... Dan is going to have to put my motor in something for the trip down .....
Look at the bright side, Nick, your motor will be at the right place to get one.
Can you say no additional shipping? Of course, that's not counting Dan's shipping charges;)

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
i got a cheapo one from jegs..i rather dont like moving it around. wheels seem to small, and over all, they cant have more then $20 in it. welding looks crappy and the powder coat just dont look right, but hey it works. i plan on making one the will dolly a engine and trans bolted together.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The Eastwood #29341 cradle isn't cheap, but it's design is both unique and very compact. It really is nice since it leaves the bellhousing area open so a bellhousing or trans can be bolted up while it's still on the stand! Also, it stores compactly when not in use. It would be fairly easy to make if you are a fabricator. The optional wheel kit looked kind of flimsy to me for the price so I didn't order it.----Gary

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=21206&itemType=PRODUCT

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I don't think I'd want to hang my complete BBF on that with no side braces. It may work ok ,but it looks like if you were rolling it and hit a crack in a floor it would put alot of pressure on one side of it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts