460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good engine dyno shop in Indiana? I want to tune my new motor on a dyno so that I don't have to worry so much about detonation on this new high compression motor.

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is one in Noblesville but cannot find the name of the business at this time, there is one in the phone book. If you need to have a visual on shop conditions let me know, close to home.
Dave
[email protected]

AUTOTECH
2501 Endres Place
Greenwood, Indiana
317-882-2886

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are a few around:

1.) Hawkin's Speed Shop--Richmond, In. (I know they can do a BBF beacause I gave them a bellhousing and flywheel for their dyano and the flex pipe to be able to do upright headers) They dynoed my engine 8-9 years ago. 1-800-443-7748

2.)Steve Schmidt Racing Engines--Indianapolis, In I talked to him last year about dynoing my engine but he was swamped and could not get too it, It was kind-of a last minute deal. 1-800-957-7223

3.)Kercher Engines--Roann, In I talked to him last year, but his dyno was not big enough. It only went to 900hp and I needed more. He is probably only an hour or so away from Logansport. 574-893-4589

I went to Steve Morris Racing Engines to have mine dynoed last spring. With such short notice, he got me in quick and was very helpful. He is in Muskegon, Mi. 231-739-9471

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Engine dyno in Indiana

Hi guys, I normally don't blow my own whistle, but I may be able to help. Woody's Automotive Machine, Thorntown IN. full machine shop with superflow dyno and flow bench. We build a lot of big/small block Fords and our dyno is equiped with all the necessary bellhousings, flywheels, mounts, headers for most Ford combos. Approx 50 miles from Logansport, and can schedule dyno time at your convenience. Our shop is set up with machines to do any engine machine work, and can also install roller cam bearings and lifter bore bushings on big and small Fords. Call 765-436-7047 for more info. THANKS, Dennis

·
Registered
126 Posts
IF YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE BOSS MOTOR THAT WAS AT THE TOP OF THE 385 FORUM.WOODY BUILT AND DYNO THAT MOTOR HE HAS ALSO
BUILT AND DYNO SEVERAL OTHER ENGINES FOR ME WITH NO PROBLEMS
TOP NOTCH MACHINE SHOP NON BETTER
ANDY SMITH
PROTREE RACE CARS

·
Registered
902 Posts
Tommy T's

Ditto on Tommy T's place. He can play around with a motor on the Dyno and figure out more stuff than you or I, if we were working at it! The place is alittle hard to find thou, but it keeps the riffraff away, I suppose!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts