460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You're probably better to start a new thread with a title that says what you are asking, you'll probably get more responses.

D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oil Pressure

Chilly,
I tried your advice and found lots of stuff on oil pressure but not an answer to my question. Maybe you or another reader can help.
I've a '78 460 with about 128,000 miles on it. I can't seem to find anything that gives a safe minimum oil pressure. Running straight 50 wt currently. Oil pressure is 60 psi cold, but drops to about 18 psi hot, at idle in gear (about 650 rpm). I wanna run it until have the money to overhaul but don't want to hurt the crank. (I also talk nice to it and pat the valve covers in the hope that helps.)
Eli
Smokey said all you need is 10 PSI/1000 RPM, that is all you need to know. Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have te same truck more or less

Hey guys I'm sure you've all heard this a million times, but I just got an 86 f250 with the 460, and I live here in the great state of California... Supposedly everything on the truck is smog legal, except for the carburetor. I've looked on summit, jegs, and searched around on here but have found no smog legal carb. Does anyone have any hints or anything on where I could find one? I'd really appreciate it

These trucks came from the factory with a Holley, so it is smog legal if it was originally sold in Cali and still has the air pump and the associated parts. Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Carb Trade

Send me a nice 3310 Holley 750/780 4150 or a 830,850 with fuel line and I will swap you my factory smog legal Holley right off my running truck that has no issues. I am thinking of a stoker with alloy heads down the road and can use the bigger carb. My truck is a one owner 91K mile piece that is mint and the carb is running perfect. PM me if you are interested and I can send you pictures with the air cleaner off. Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
When engine shake, decreased power performance, increased fuel consumption, poor acceleration, excessive exhaust gas, increased fuel consumption, etc., it should be that the car has more serious carbon deposits.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts