460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
So, any BBF's running this year? I see there's a 427 FE, seems like it would have been a good year to build a 385 series 429.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Some of my buddies called me last night from there, at that time a 302 CID Chevy was in first place, and believe it or not an old style 331 CID Chrysler Hemi was in second place. I don't know that this is the year for big CID engines, because it is based on average torque and horsepower per CID.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
c.evans said:
Some of my buddies called me last night from there, at that time a 302 CID Chevy was in first place, and believe it or not an old style 331 CID Chrysler Hemi was in second place. I don't know that this is the year for big CID engines, because it is based on average torque and horsepower per CID.

Hope this helps,
Just read about the hemi. Definitely pretty cool.

I guess with the cubic dollars it takes to compete in these things now we can't expect somebody to show up with a 385 series out of loyalty alone.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I larnt, MANY years ago, to never underestimate "Lean Gene" when it comes to early hemi's. I'll never forget the look on his face, one morning in Santa Maria, when he said "I don't believe it, burnt 3 pistons, I haven't burnt a piston in 3 years". That air could fool the best of us.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Chuck Stevens said:
I larnt, MANY years ago, to never underestimate "Lean Gene" when it comes to early hemi's. I'll never forget the look on his face, one morning in Santa Maria, when he said "I don't believe it, burnt 3 pistons, I haven't burnt a piston in 3 years". That air could fool the best of us.
Chuck,

If you go to the site for the Engine Masters Challenge, and then go to the second page of Day 2, it shows a picture of the early Hemi. I think that's Lean Gene Adams standing there right in front of it laying a tune-up on the engine.

Later,

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've heard rumors of LOTS of illegal parts (pans, headers, intakes) on some of the motors that have already run. It will be interesting to see what Kaase and some of the other bigger dollar motors kick out.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
It's all over. Tony Beshoff wins it with a SBC. Strong showings from the Ford camp though. It really seems like it came down to tuning decisions among the top five, they were all so close.

Not a single 385 series in the event. Anyone have data from previous years they could use to estimate a power/CID score?

What are the advantages of the 400M? Because it's a square engine, 4" stroke, 4" bore? R/S ratio? The CHI heads?

I really like the internet coverage this year. I hope they continue with that in the future.

Any rumors on next year's format?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I thought Scott Johnston (RHP) & his crew were going to be there??? What happened?? :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I know it is just pure coincidence but B.E.S. came in 1st and their team number was 1 and Kaase came in 2nd and his team number was 2. Time to go buy a lottery ticket. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
215 Posts
BES has been doing pretty good in the emc. In the past 4 years they have came in 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and now 1st agian. My brother is employed by bischoff for the last five years. They do nice work. Tony bischoff runs a 645" thor headed bbf in his cougar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts