460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using rustoleum Aluminium and brush it on! Makes it look like it alum and fakes ppl out! Another i've used is silver Hammerite brushed on, cleans real nice and allways looks shiney. Gonna do the alum paint on my brand new a460 i got from Lem today,Thanks Lem! what awsum piece they are. Wont break like my d0ve block did im sure!

Doug

·
8,522 Posts
mustangdug said:
I have been using rustoleum Aluminium and brush it on! Makes it look like it alum and fakes ppl out! Another i've used is silver Hammerite brushed on, cleans real nice and allways looks shiney. Gonna do the alum paint on my brand new a460 i got from Lem today,Thanks Lem! what awsum piece they are. Wont break like my d0ve block did im sure!

Doug
Good to hear that you got the new block....thanks !

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I just used the VHT High Temp Paint with the ceramic in

it a few weeks back on my headers.So far so good and didn't smell any of it burning off when i started it up.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
26 Posts
VHT and Duplicolor make some really good engine enamel that any ole parts store should carry (i stock it in my Oreilly store).. i honestly use Nason Fastdry Acrylic Enamel or FulBase Bc/Cc without clear. this way you can use the same exact paint on your block as your car body. this can be mixxed anywhere that sales dupont paint. like an O'Reillys or Bumper-2-Bumper. it takes about 1/2 pint which runs about 10 bucks or so. ive got this used on several blocks and only seen one problem where it was cotaiminated with oil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts