460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 460 in my truck. Im trying to figure out why my truck stalls at hywy speed around 55. I replaced most of the normal things like pump, filter, rerouted fuel line, I replaced the fuel cap with a vented one and it seems like it fixed it for awhile.Then last week it stalled twice. No Im really baffled.Does anyone have any ideals.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does your truck have catalytic converters on it, they could be clogged. Another option is pulling the sending unit and see if intake "sock" has debris on it or the tank has debris in it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your truck have catalytic converters on it, they could be clogged. Another option is pulling the sending unit and see if intake "sock" has debris on it or the tank has debris in it. Hope this helps.
No its a 66 f 100 460 motor from 70 continental and 750 holley

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most [late] 70 continentals had a charcol canister under the hood with a line going to it from the tank.
66 F 100 had the vented gas cap.
I would think [just a guess] that your problrm has to do with the venting in the tank.
As an experiment i would remove the gas cap and take it for a drive and see if it still does it.
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts