460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a 466 BBF mild race engine. Was used in bracket racing with minimal maintenance and is a great backup, starter, or street motor. Here are some of the specs.

Dove A block
Victor Jr. Intake (matched to heads)
A429 Aluminum Heads (matched to intake)
Ford Racing Valve Covers with Baffles and Clamps on Breather
Roller Rockers
.585 Hydraulic Cam (reason for minimal maint)
12.1 compression Probe Pistons
Eagle crank (stock stroke) and Eagle H rods
Timing Chain
Mechanical Water Pump with Electric Moroso Belt Drive
Standard Ford HEI distributor
Powdercoated front motorplate
Rear Sump 6qt Oil pan
Header Bolts
Jegs High Compression 18.1 starter

Engine roughly makes around 625hp. The only thing needed to make this engine complete is a flywheel, plug wires, carb, and headers.

My 1/8 mile passes were consistent 6.1's 110mph (1/4 times were 10.1 135mph) in a 2800lb '03 Mustang 25.1E Double Frame Rail with a glide behind it with a 4.56 rear. I CANNOT remember off hand my 60' times because I have sold everything, but if I am correct it was around 1.3 - 1.4. The engine is making about 625hp.

I will also include a brand new engine picker and the black engine cradle (with wheels) that the engine is on now with the purchase. Engine has been stored in a seal tight temp controlled room, so NO outside variables to mess with it.

Just to let anyone know who is interested in the motor, it was built by Senior Member QtrWarrior. Anyone that knows him or his team, they build solid products. If anyone has any questions, and I don't have the answers, he's got them.

WILL SELL ENGINE, HOIST, AND CRADLE FOR $3500. CALL ANYTIME 912-856-5567 OR EMAIL ME HERE OR AT [email protected].

·
Registered
846 Posts
Gentlemen,

I'd be more then happy to answer any questions about this engine. It is a good piece. Stephen is a good guy to deal with too.

Wish I had a home for it, I'd buy it...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Passes

How many passes are on it. I think I remeber seeing a video of the car making a pass.
Not heading west on hwy 40 anytime in the future are you?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that there are less than 20 passes on the engine. I am actually going I-40 this weekend. The only problem is its on a Harley and in TN. But if you are interested something can be figured out somehow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
sounds like a good deal, I live in SC I have a bg block that I'm trying to get built for a fox car. I am interested in your engine.. However I dont have any use for the engine hoist, I just bought one recently.. I would like to know as much as possible about your combo though, If you dont mind that is. you can email me or pm me on the forum if you want ..

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts