460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting on my nice shiny new set of Big Hairy Bad Dog Headers and can't fit my evac tube in at the usual 12 o'clock straight up on the top position.

So my question is, does anyone know if I can install it on the side?
I know the angle it need to go in at, just don't know it it can go in at about 9 o'clock or not?

I'll be out relocating my shock mount and grinding on the frame a little. I'll check back in an hour or so!!

Thanks in advance guys!!

Jeffro

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I've put them all the way around the clock and could tell no difference. Hell, I dont even run one on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks Critters!! I was thinking of just leaving it out but it's all set up just gotta cut the holes and weld it up. Never really noticed the difference either with or without in the past.

Thanks again!

Jeffro

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Jeff,

If you don't feel like puting them in, it's all good. Invest in a good vacuum pump anyways to evac your crankcase. The motor will love you more for it ;)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Sort of where an exhaust evac system uses exhaust pressure to suck the gasses from the crankcase, they really don't maximize the effort to really benifit. A motor driven or electric pump setup works more efficiently and helps keep rings sealed better. I'm looking to make the swap this winter when I make the new down headers, for now I'll stick with what was in the uprights. This is the pump I'm looking at and have been recommended for a cost effective solution:

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=17200

1 - 8 of 8 Posts