460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
AZFairlane said:
I hope that burned his nads off. Anyone that stupid doesn't need to reproduce.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was in a gas station about six weeks back, filling the truck...young guy pulls in driving an Exploder, crankin' that rap music. Shuts off by the store, gets out, lights up both a cig & a cell phone.

I'm just about to say something to him.... The store clerk comes outside really fast, bursting through the door. I think to myself, "Good...she's gonna kick his *** for being stupid enough to light up at a gas station."

She comes to a quick halt, reaches into her pocket... pulls out a pack of smokes, and lights up.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I heard a different story behind that video.

I thought the guy pulled out a cell phone and was using the 'light' from his cell phone to see inside the tanker. Along with that story, I heard that he died in the hospital a few days later.

After watching the video again (more carefully this time), I'm uncertain if he removed a cell phone or lighter from his pocket.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
96Mustang460cid said:
I heard a different story behind that video.

I thought the guy pulled out a cell phone and was using the 'light' from his cell phone to see inside the tanker. Along with that story, I heard that he died in the hospital a few days later.

After watching the video again (more carefully this time), I'm uncertain if he removed a cell phone or lighter from his pocket.

Have a good day!
Michael
Yeah, Michael, I looked at it a couple of times after reading your post, and I can't tell if it's a lighter or a cell phone. I could understand thinking that a cell phone would be okay, but not a lighter, so I am leaning towards cell phone after reading your post.

If so, JEEEESH!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My -Bad .. I don't know were I cam up with a lighter. He pulled it from his jacket pocket it could have been a cell phone. :?

But Myth Buters did an episode and busted the therory that cell phones iminated enough spark/current to start an explosion with gasoline. Of coarse it may depend on the condition of the cell phone.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I remember that episode. Now I think it was a lighter in the video. I mean, there's no way a phone would spark like that. The danger is in static electricity, not a spark from the phone itself.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Yes and doesn't the static electricity idea seem unlikely since he's standing on the metal of the tank? I bet that section of the tanker was close to empty and totally full of vapor which of course went off instantly. Did this guy get a Darwin award?

D

·
0 Posts
Cell phones can cause sparks too, your generaly not allowed to carry them in Refineries or most chemical plants that deal with flammable materials or processes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts