Discussion Starter #1
that garages and motors are never big enough !! Ps I'm building a 705"
Frank
and the Kid's grinning!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
You sure that is gonna be big enough.:D
I hear ya on the garages too. I've got three buildings and all together they equal over 14,000 square feet of floor, and my mud truck is outside right now.:confused: My Peterbilt has only been under a roof long enough to work on, but hardly ever parked in one of those buildings.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schmitty , got 2 -40' x 120' shops with 14ft ceilings ,1/2 of each heated and my race car shop 32'x 40' with 14ft ceiling with a 10x16 office including the washroom(my sanctuary)most of the time the race car has to sit in the trailer as there's no room in the shop !
Frank

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
The more space you have the more junk you collect......lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have found the same to be true with race car trailers also.The bigger the trailer the more you pile into it and is never enough room.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Frank they always say make it way bigger than you think you will need... I am thinking maybe 60x100 :D

Randy
I have one of those and wish it was 120'X200'.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same problem here but I am working with a 2.5 car garage:) Half wood shop and half car parts.

I feel fortunate though because I have another 2 car attached garage where my wife and I part our daily drivers.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Same problem here but I am working with a 2.5 car garage:) Half wood shop and half car parts.

I feel fortunate though because I have another 2 car attached garage where my wife and I part our daily drivers.
Wood shop!!!! You my man need to get your priorities in line!!! The table saw belongs out side under a tarp!!!!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I know a guy in Florida who builds custom horse barns and pole buildings for a living. All the guys who work on his crews wear t-shirts with his slogan above his signature. It reads, "If I ever meet a man that builds a barn big enough, I will KISS HIS ***."...signed.....:D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
The older I get, the more crap I gather. We need to add on to the shop soon too. :confused: I have a 30 X 48, and hearing about all this square footage makes me feel like a true amateur. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Last year I built a new 40 x 60 garage to accomodate my "packrat" tendencies. ;)Now I have to open the door, back up about thirty feet and get a running start to get inside.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
712 Posts
You guys are spoiled. I've got a 28x28 garage on a 40 ft city lot, no driveway just a 12 ft wide apron onto the alley. My neighbors must hate me, we've got 6 cars on the street right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts