460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a road trip 8/1/14 from Chicago to Allentown, PA. via Interstate 80 to deliver a car. I would like to make a stop at a good old wrecking yard in the hopes to find parts for my 1972 LTD. So, question is.

Anybody know of wrecking yards known for having an excellent selection of old cars in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsilvania OR OTHER STATES? I'd like to see a thread with the names of of the yards in just about any state. I think it would help many people building vintage cars of any make and model.

I Might have an empty trailer for the return if I don't find a 72 LTD parts car?

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
In south Georgia where I live there is a place with 50's-60's-70's cars by the thousands. It is just south of Waycross on US 1 called A&B car parts

I went there looking for parts for my 63 Galaxie and they had 27 of them.

Bring a snake bite kit, a tetnus booster, etc. Ohh and they do NOT crush cars, which is good and bad obviously... some of those need to be stripped/crushed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In south Georgia where I live there is a place with 50's-60's-70's cars by the thousands. It is just south of Waycross on US 1 called A&B car parts

I went there looking for parts for my 63 Galaxie and they had 27 of them.

Bring a snake bite kit, a tetnus booster, etc. Ohh and they do NOT crush cars, which is good and bad obviously... some of those need to be stripped/crushed.
Thanks for the input, I will give them a call.

·
Registered
277 Posts
3411 Memorial Dr, Waycross, GA 31503
(912) 285-1776

shame you aren't closer, I suspect you get a *much* better deal round lunch time if you show up with a wrench. Oddly for being such a backwoods place, there is this beat down metal building out there, I walked into it, and there are 50 perfectly restored cars.... 60's vettes, 63 thunderbird, 64 galaxie with 2x4 427, etc. Who'd have thunk.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Closer would help, I found a car in a wrecking yard in south-eastern Ky. but couldn't get anyone to remove the parts I needed. "Bring your tools and remove what you need" And there is no chance you can get pictures of what your buying.
I'll call them today, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts