460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Got a valve size issue id like to run by ya. When I broke the rod in my 466 it bent the valves in that cyl. They are the 2.19 intake and the 1.80 ex that you would find in the Blue Thunders. These are well ported cjs and the flow close to 185 on the exhaust side. I have some 1.76 ss severe duty extras and was wondering if yall thought there would be any problem with me running just this 1.76 with the rest 1.80. I can easily narrow the seat on the head to get my contact width and margin correct I just dont want to hinder flow or any goofy problems caused by this. What do ya think??

Thanks
_Greg

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just ordered a 1.8 valve from straightline up in independence it was only around 30 dollars i think mine are comp valves from ferrea they had to order them from florida but they were here in a week regular freight you can pay a little extra to get it over night or 3 day delivery

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I can order one from Ferrea for about 28.00. I just was looking around and found these valves. Not sayin its the right thing to do but its an option. 1.88 chevy valve is 3/8 stem and to long. Or at least the ones I have are. Ill just order the 1.80 and be done with it. I was just curious if anyone has tried this. I really dont think there would be any ill effects of it, but I would only do it on something for me. This will be a short lived engine anyway.

Thanks again
_Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts