Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
454 Posts
heads

I have a solid roller with lifters out of an engine I bought.

Ex. lobe lift: appx. .425
Int. lobe lift appx. .453

That is all I know about the cam specs. Someone pecked out all of the numbers on the front of the cam.

Here's what I know about the engine: It was a 512 High compression nitrous engine with a fogger system. It had A429 Motorsport heads.

The seller claimed it ran 5.30s with a 400 shot.( in a 3200 lb. Stang) That 400 shot got 3 pistons. Everything on the engine looked like at on time was first class stuff, so maybe the cam was custom ground, but who knows. Everything looks to be in good shape and no damage.

Since there is alot of unknown about the cam and lifters, I am pricing the combo accordingly.

Asking $ 285.00 for everything plus shipping.

I take paypal. Location: Bardstown, KY 40004

do you still have the a429 heads?pat

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you still have the a429 heads?pat
yes. I want to build a turbo shortblock but with those A429 heads, it would require a massive dish piston.

Don't know quite yet if I want to sell them and buy some big chamber Edelbrocks.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you seen those KB forged dish pistons? I think it KB854, 39cc dish w/6.7 rod.
Yes, I saw those. They have a stepped dish to them. looks strange, but I guess they work.

It would take about a 55 cc dish to get what I want with a 512 and those A429s. I don't even know if that's possible.....

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
price drop to $ 260.00 plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts