460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not good with photo editing or imagination. was wondering what my truck would look like with a tastefully done spoiler or such. similar to pro stock.
Basically asking opinions.
I dont have a pick of truck to work with in the pro street stage anyway.
It is a 70 f100 short bed narrowed and tubbed. just wondering what thoughts were.
similar to the blue f150 at the bash. maybe a little longer though.
Dumb idea for mine or not.
I know most people will say its your truck do what you want. Still like opinions though.
good or bad

N

·
0 Posts
X2 i like the prostock look get it to the ground and have some fun.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a 1974 SWB with a 14" wing on the back. I'll post a pic shortly. I think it would look better with a carbon fiber wing sticking up from the bed, but they are $3000. I can do that later.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that looks good.
Mine wont have a bed cover though. wonder if that will look weird.
granted airflow would be better with it covered. but doing alot of tin work in the bed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you have that supported if you dont mind me asking.
The more I think about it, that might be an idea.
I was going to have the bed floor exposed to show off tin work, but that does look good.
Doing a nice bed cover would display tin work also.
Using the truck as a mobile business card also.
What gauge is that?
I cant wait to see your truck. If i make it to the bash, I will have to keep my turd on the other side of the lot from yours.
If its like your work I have seen thus far, it will be amazing

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am going to attach strips of steel to the top of the tailgate. There will be 5 equally spaced across the top. They will be 1" wide x 1/16" thick and have a curve on them to "hook" over a 1.25" diameter tube running the width of the truck; the top of each bed side is supported by this tube. The lower end of the struts are attached to the tailgate and they will be a support pad on the inside of the tailgate attached to the rear support structure. The pad will just touch the tailgate on the opposite side of the strut pad. The tailgate is the outer skin only and held on with dzus. I had to build a rear structure from CM tubing to support the bed sides, tailgate, and wing. That is what are currently working on. I'll take some more pics when we get it built. It should be soon.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Aluminum tin is .040" thick. I have two support tubes to put in to hold it up in the middle. I have only wheel tubs under that cover now, and may add some small rock shields but that is it. I need this junk to be light.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats an oxymoron.
your stuff and junk in the same sentence.

kind of what i thought for mounting I would make some bolt in supports accross the bed.
mine wont be as light as it could be.
I will be putting a vintage air kit on it for summer cruise inns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts