460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a factory 8.8 complete from a Thunderbird SC factory disc brakes, posi trac, not sure of gear ratio 550$ OBO

2wld4u

I quess I should mention I have the whole car so if you need any parts let me know, and I think its a 3.8 V-6 Supercharged..

·
Registered
636 Posts
how strong

I'm not really familiar with the 8.8, how does it compare with the old 9".
Will it handle a 460 in a galaxie. If so, how wide is it.
Thanks GT300TD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car is a 5-speed, the engine is a v6 and its supercharged, I think its a 95 but not sure, I'll have to look at the title, wuz going to fix it up but I decided to just part it out. (not crazy about the air ride suspension)

as far as comparing with a 9" there are quite a few 8.8's out there handling lots of power, Ive even seen some GM fans converting to the 8.8, Id say because its hard to find a good 9" rear these days, but really I couldnt make a fair comparison other than they seem to be pretty tough and axles are easy to come by. doing this with a Leaf spring car could prove difficult. The GM cars Ive seen were Chevelles, mote carlo's, and I think a newer model malibu, and a cutless none of whitch are leaf spring cars.. but Im not 100% certain on that.. HTH

2wld4u

·
Registered
636 Posts
thanks

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I could set up a leaf spring to coil spring conversion properly. I have a few leads on some 9" stuff, I guess I'd better stick to 'old school'.
Thanks again,

GT300TD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: 5 Speed

Devin G said:
I may be interested in the five speed if its a 95? Where are you located?
Im located in WV if your serious shoot me a PM..

I'll check the title to see the exact model year, I do believe the tranny is made by Mazda? anyhow I'll reply back later this evening on the model year, and yes I have the complete car.. I can take pics also, just let me know what your interested in..

thanks, 2wld4u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts