460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. So I really need to do the beltline window seals on my Fairlane. Dearborn Classics has the 8 piece set for $99, which isn't too horrible. My question is this though: Do I need any extra supplies to do this? Do they stay in place by themselves, or do I have to pick up a special adhesive? And is there some sort of required tool to remove/install them? This is for a '66 2-door hardtop if that makes any difference. TIA

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's been a while so maybe someone can confirm. I am assuming what you call beltline, I am calling scrapers and felts on the window.

All are somewhat of a PITA to do. I used no adhesive. Look a the clips on the one for the door and you'll get a good idea of how to remove them - be careful with your paint. I want to say the outer 1/4 scrapers go on the same as the door, but the inner 1/4 felts are stapled to the metal trim piece. I drilled the felts and re-used the staples. Maybe now they have a better way and that is what the hardware kit is for.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. Those are the ones that I am talking about. So does that mean that the window glass needs to come out, as well as the interior door panels? I'm a little confused now after hearing you mention how they are attached.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't recall removing the glass - I'm pretty sure I would have remembered. In the backseat, need to remove panel and then unscrew the interior trim to get to the rear felts.

I did this circa 1993 so I hope I'm remembering correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts