460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63 falcon with a Heidts mustang II front and a 460 does anybody have any idea on headers that would fit this application pretty sure manifolds will work I would just rather have headers. Thanks for the help in advance. Brian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't have any help for you, but that is awesome. Always wanted to do that myself. nice project!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have a few ?'s. Did you move the firewall back and ifso how much. I have a straight axle 62 falcon that I just sat a 460 down in and I have no room for a radiator. I have no problem moving it back, just curious at what you had to do to put yours in. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
20 Posts
Neat little car can only imagine what that thing must go like with a 460 nestled under the hood.The girl I married in 69 was always riding around in a Falcon Sprint convertable with a 260 (memory not what it used to be) at that time we were contemplating a 390ci swap.You have any pictures?Mike Ross

·
Registered
671 Posts
With a car that small, it's best to move the weight back anyway for traction and handling qualities.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
You can try Tubular Automotive in Rockland Mass. They Make a lot of Headers for early Fords with difference engine. There number is 781-878-9875 give them a call. They may have what your looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts