460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
barry is still involved in racing fords. he has a bbf in a fairmount super stocker

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I knew he had a '68 CJ he was running a few years ago. I met him in about 1980 when he had the T-bolt. That car was nice, you could lick it anywhere it was so clean!
I was building a '67 Shelby GT500 and had a brand new in the boxes 427 medium riser that Barry quoted me $200 plus parts to assemble back then. Then I got married and you know the rest of the story. I've kicked my but daily since selling that car in '83.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
they forgot the most important part. he was driving a Pantera. I used to live in cochrane, on. before i moved to Timmins. Cochrane is about an hour north of Timmins. Duparquet is about an hour east of Timmins. Theres a great news paper clipping of the whole inciddent in the Tim Horton's Restaurant in Cochrane, which can also boast that its the slowest tim's in canada, closely followed by Brooks, AB. (hey frank)

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ontario/tim_horton.htm

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't know about that. I've stood in line at the Brooks Timmie's on more than one occasion!
you dont know about what? that theres one slower than brooks?
I've been there, slow, but go to Cochrane On, and eventually get served by a 17 y/o meth addict girl that looks like she'll lose her teeth in your double double. And forget half way through what you ordered.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Several here in Calgary... mostly staffed with "new Canadians"... unclear of the "Double Double"!
I grew up in St.Catharines Ontario. Tim Horton was driving back to Buffalo about 3am at about 150 mph when he lost control of the Pantera just east of the Ontario St. over pass. He was thrown from the car.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
This is the former Will's Fargo altered that used to be owned by Bill Kydd. It was bought by Bud Agar and was renamed "A/Gas From the Past".

Car ran in the 70's with an injected Hemi. Set many records. The front suspension was unique but the toe changes were scary. Never knew for sure which way it would go when you launched or when you let off on the top end.

I helped Bud at the track, he had a 400 Ford in it. It ran pretty strong, 10's but wasn't legal to go much faster tho.

AGas From the Past.jpg

Kind of a fuzzy pic.

Bill

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I got to see Terry Capp and Roland Leong yesterday at the Rocky Mountain Nationals in Edmonton..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts