460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi not usually.. the thermostat sensor may be bad or someone rewired it to stay on because they were having heating issues/
good luck
tim

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Hi not usually.. the thermostat sensor may be bad or someone rewired it to stay on because they were having heating issues/
good luck
tim
ya, fan will always be turning

89 460 fan has no elect power,its a clutch fan, lol lol

course I guess you could wrap a ( RE-WIRE ) coat hanger around the hub, I DID SEE THAT ONCE 30 years ago

·
Registered
399 Posts
HI Well I was assumeing it was an electrict fan on an 89 .That would have been the only reason the poster would have been concerned about it being on when first started..

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
HI Well I was assumeing it was an electrict fan on an 89 .That would have been the only reason the poster would have been concerned about it being on when first started..

THAT is why bad info gets on the interweb,people assume they know something. When in fact they dont.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well excuse me for AssZooming the only reason to ask if a fan should be running when first started would be because its an electric one. those are the only ones that would not be running at start up and poster didn't state which he had...
good luck
tim

·
Registered
399 Posts
THAT is why bad info gets on the interweb,people assume they know something. When in fact they dont.
You know maybe your wrong.
I just did a search for Cooling Fan for F250 2 wd. with 7.5 AutoZone they only list Electric fans for it..
good luck
tim

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi, I would say your lucky you found that on Rock Auto.. I've found little Ford parts on that site mostly GM.
Ether way I'm done. Poster didn't say what type of Fan he had. Done..
good luck
tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts