460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some video of Mile's first 1/4 mile action from last weekend. I think his best run was an 11.70-pretty good for the first time! Time to swap them 3:50's out for a 4:11 gear set!!

Also, finally got my car into the nines! Feels good to finally achieve my goal.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Good job Paul. Tell Miles that I just acquired a set of used 6.20's he can try if he wants...;);):D

dkp

·
Registered
494 Posts
I didn't know there was a dragstrip on the Island. Isn't that 67 Fairlane with
the big Windsor from the Victoria area? Love seeing that car when it comes to
Mission.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Once a year they shut down the Port Alberni Airstrip and run a two day race there. And yes Grant Klohn with the Fairlane is from Victoria and has run it at Port a few times. This year he had the Probe there in Doorslammer. I think he told me at Mission that the Fairlane probly wont run this year due to the fact it is in the body shop.

dkp

·
Registered
495 Posts
sweet car!! whats the specs on the motor? 460 or stroker? i am from alberta and have a 69 with a 521cj

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to post a picture of this 57 wagon. Terry Denomme is the owner (from Canadian Hot Rods Magazine). The car had never run (with current engine) before last Saturday. He brought it to the track, ran the camshaft in on Saturday morning, changed the oil, and then flogged it on the strip! Now thats dedication!! Note the homemade zoomies with the Walker stickers on the pipes!
(its a 521 with Edelbrock heads)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Gotta love those ole five sevens:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is your car the mustant 2 or the fairmont/zephyr?
I think I own a twin car to your buddies 67 fastback, but its a coupe. (same color, rims, cal tracks...)
Justin

·
Registered
948 Posts
Their seems to be a lot of Fords there. Was it a Ford event or are there just that many Fords on the island?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It is an all make event. Lots of every brand in attendance. Even the odd ricer and a couple english cars just for giggles. Not sure the exact car count but I am guessing 250-300 cars. 10,000 plus total attendance for the two day event. Its a pretty big deal here on the island, ten years and still going strong.

dkp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Engine specs

sweet car!! whats the specs on the motor? 460 or stroker? i am from alberta and have a 69 with a 521cj
Motor:

Scat 521, 10.5 to 1, Edel 95 cc heads, c460 Ford Racing Cam, Edel Performer RPM, FPA 1 7/8" shorty headers, 2-1/2" Magnaflow x pipe and mufflers, C6 with 2500 stall, 3.50s with Tru-trac, Holley 950 DP, MT 28 x 10.5, mech fan, mech water pump, 3500 lbs with driver.

Driver:

53 years old, 1st 1/4 mile runs ever, footbrake, reaction times vary from slow to sleeping:)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey, could you post pictures of your radiator and machanic fan set up ? I got a 69cougar with a 429 in it and can only put a pusher fan on. So seeing a set up like yours would help me out a bunch

·
Registered
149 Posts
fan pics

Hey, could you post pictures of your radiator and machanic fan set up ? I got a 69cougar with a 429 in it and can only put a pusher fan on. So seeing a set up like yours would help me out a bunch
These are some from awhile ago. Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts