460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Guy's did Ferrea ever make rods's. I'm looking at a motor that the builder says that whats in it.

Ace
Ferrea rods were made by Saenz and are first class connecting rods on par with Carrillo, Crower, etc.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I picked up a turn key 4 link dragster with a 556. that has these in it. the motor has been built out of new mexico by Doug Anderson's performance and machine. I guess he a way up there in the FORD performance world as he has some kind of original Thunderbolt car

Ace

·
Registered
165 Posts
I now live in Florida but I've known Doug for a number of years, his shop in Albq. is a class act. And any work he does is outstanding. The old T bolt is a 427 high riser and hes run that damn thing for years, and it does run let me tell you. He is an outstanding machinist. If he built that engine then you got your moneys worth.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now live in Florida but I've known Doug for a number of years, his shop in Albq. is a class act. And any work he does is outstanding. The old T bolt is a 427 high riser and hes run that damn thing for years, and it does run let me tell you. He is an outstanding machinist. If he built that engine then you got your moneys worth.
Boats

Thanks do much for the info on doug and the T-bolt thing as well

Ace

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know Doug Anderson's performance and machine will not build a motor for me. Too many weird things going on here. Why would you build a 556 inch motor mill the heads to nothing and build small dome piston. Didn't machine the cam gear down enough and the gear and cam thrust plat have been rubbing metal every where. I expected better.

Ace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts