460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
We got to see one in use at the Tech Seminar, or at least the dyno session beforehand. The JoMar trapped pretty much all the bearing material, didn't even blink, didn't lose pressure.

I believe Blake said that he gained 8-10 lbs. of oil pressure when he switched from the FL-1A to the JoMar, but he'd have to fill you in on that....I don't know exactly when he switched over to it. The FL-1A was clean when they cut it open, though, so it should be a fairly accurate comparison.

·
8,522 Posts
The FL1A are great for what they were design for....slow turning street engines . The Jomar units are race filters with twice the filtering media of the stocker filter and do not have a by-pass .

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every time I click on your site, I get this page can't be found, will you send me a p.m. of cost, and if you take credit cards. Thank you Harold

·
Registered
253 Posts
X2 to what Randy just said, i placed my first order this past week at B.F. Evans i haven't received the order yet but the service was great.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Copperhead said:
Anyone have any experience with the K&N (oil, not air) filters ?
I've used a few K+N's now and found them to be very good . Good oil pressure hot and cold .. I based my use on a guy here had used them for a while and said they were good on his 521. I used to use Hard driver filters but no longer made . Not sure if you guys had them over there .
I use the basic motorcraft filters for the 1st break in then the good ones at the 1st oil change

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I use Mobil 1 filters. The Motorcraft filters have the largest element surface area (400sqin) and number of pleats (64) of all the non race retail filters. Some say they may be a little restrictive...??
Nick

·
8,522 Posts
I do not know where that line in the sand is . It's all about the gpm demand a given engine reguires . Not only rpm but clearance at the bearings would also be a factor . If the engine was very high HP I'd doubt that it would be an overbearing expense to have a Jomar , FL1HP , etc filter on the engine given the limited miles per year most of these engines see .

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think I'll give the Jomar a try once I use up my supply of Wix Racing oil filters. I've still got about 5 or 6 of them. I"ve had very good service and perfomance, but I think I'll try a head to head comparison and see if there are any pressure diffs. I know I gained several pounds hot oil pressure with the Wiz vs a regular FL1A

You can get the Wix at many parts stores via overnight order.

Our BBF's use the 51515R

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/racing.asp

1 - 20 of 25 Posts