460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my truck to Cecil County Dragway which is 170 miles round trip. Pulled right in line and ran a 12.30 at 107 and a 12.35 at 107 with 2" taller tires then before. Then I pulled 8 degrees out and ran a 10.85 at 120. This is leaving on motor and spraying as soon as it moves. 1.53 60ft on MT drag radials. Not too bad for a 4100lbs pump gas stock suspension daily driver with a mild combo and a 225 shot.

Still not real happy with the mph. It went 6.83 at 99 in the 1/8th. I would think it would be around 122-123 at this et. If I could spray right out of the hole it and get some top end out of it im thinking I could run 10.60s. :D

Here is a link to my combo
http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=17165&highlight=

·
Registered
65 Posts
:!: :!: :!: CONGRATS :!: :!: :!:

I've enjoyed following your progress, must be fun to
see everyone's face when the time lights up! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
irnwkrkev said:
:!: :!: :!: CONGRATS :!: :!: :!:

I've enjoyed following your progress, must be fun to
see everyone's face when the time lights up! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thanks. I ran no time so people could only guess how it ran. It left soft because I never purged the bottle so I don't think it looked to impressive. :(

514wyo said:
Congratulations. Whats the truck feel like at 120 with stock suspension?
Thanks. To tell you the truth the truck handles great. I have made a ton of full nitrous passes on the street and it goes straight as an arrow. Alot of this has to do with the drag radials I think. With bias ply slicks or et streets its kind of sketchy but with the MT ET street radials it drives down the track like a stock truck.

How's your truck running? Haven't heard anything in awhile.

·
Registered
146 Posts
droppedf100 said:
Thanks. To tell you the truth the truck handles great. I have made a ton of full nitrous passes on the street and it goes straight as an arrow. A lot of this has to do with the drag radials I think. With bias ply slicks or et streets its kind of sketchy but with the MT ET street radials it drives down the track like a stock truck.

How's your truck running? Haven't heard anything in awhile.
very cool. glad you made the tens. I ran a season best run of [email protected] a few weeks back. Still running the super small headers (1 3/4 tube) and the screwed up carb.

·
Registered
495 Posts
WOW 200+ of noss on stock cast pistons :!: you got your tune down good their young feller :wink: i am proud of the accomplishments that you made with what you are running

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jm said:
WOW 200+ of noss on stock cast pistons :!: you got your tune down good their young feller :wink: i am proud of the accomplishments that you made with what you are running
No there Speedpro Forged pistons L2404. Stock rods though.

Thanks for the comments guys. I've finally got this combo to run as good as I was hoping and I believe there is a little more in it if I could leave harder with the spray. It still needs a roll bar too :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, i don't think ill be going into the 9s but my setup is going to be more similar to your original setup. Hoping for low 11's. I also want to put a TKO 600 behind it so i can get an overdrive for the street.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts