460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW PB [email protected] Enjoying the 545 in the coupe!

I am just getting used to the 545 in the coupe and recently got a chance to run it at the strip and on a chassis dyno. Would be interested in hearing from guys with a similar set up.
Factory 460 block
Scat 4.5in stroker crank
6.8in Eagle H-beam rods
Probe pistons
Comp cams XR292R roller cam
Blue thunder chev exhaust aluminium heads
Edelbrock Victor manifold
BG 1050 Race Demon
Try-Y headers into 2.5in twin system

Car weighs about 3750lbs
Recently ran 7.025 @99.15mph with a 1.647 60ft

Attachments

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
That's a cool looking ride. I really like the nice clean engine bay. Are those Australian Fords like your car the same as a Torino here in the US? It seems like header availability would be a little tough with right hand drive...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Someone bring me a towel. I just drooled all over myself like a baby. Love seeing rides that clean. Being here in the states it is different to see being Mustnag from doors forward and Torino from roof back. Great job on the car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Couple more pix.
Drags was a few years ago with 460ci, D0VE heads and 242 hydraulic cam. Best 12.02 @115mph.
Fighter pix has "not" been photoshopped to make it that colour, I turned up on the day and they were using plane for photo shoot at the air base!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Very nice mate .. I went and got perf ford mag the other week just to see your car . Quite a nice setup . Looks Tough as .

462 RWHP is very tough too . Just curious .The 2.5" pipes i thought may be bit small. What size extractors do you have in tri-y's? I have similar setup and use 3.5" pipes ,tri-y's 2" to 2.75" to 3.5" merge collectors . Same cam and SCJ heads with 1050 Dominator + 521/ C4 10:1 pump fuel streeter :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JC10000RPM- the Probe pistons are part no.12397-030 and have a dish of 18.5cc.

Gregaust- The headers are the pacemaker try-y (2in primary and 2-1/4 secondary) and have hade the flange changed to suit the chev exhaust ports and collectors are now 3in. The 2-1/2in system is still on there from the old 460, an upgrade is definately the next item on the shopping list.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
luv it

great looking car. have you had it down the full qtr yet. how much different does it feel from your previous combo

1 - 20 of 142 Posts