460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The guy in the third picture gifted me a 460. He was scrapping his RV and thought someone might get some use out of the engine. The guy driving the forklift is his neighbor, came home from work and offered to pull out the engine for me... pretty lucky. Originally I wanted a t56 manual transmission, but this one comes with a C6 automatic so I'll probably just use that for a while to save some cash. After reading many threads here from really knowledgeable people, I have decided to go with a 521 build. I'll start tearing down this engine then take it to the machine shop when it's ready. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Nyce, what are you going to be putting it in?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nyce, what are you going to be putting it in?
I'm putting it in a 1953 f100. Working on the diff now and the airbags for the rear suspension. 9 inch posi with 410 gears. Bought some rubber for them a month ago... 325 50 r20's. It's a fun project for sure, my first one!

Thanks for asking!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
absolutely, post some pics of the truck when you get a chance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm getting the pics now and will have them uploaded shortly. Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm putting it in a 1953 f100. Working on the diff now and the airbags for the rear suspension. 9 inch posi with 410 gears. Bought some rubber for them a month ago... 325 50 r20's. It's a fun project for sure, my first one!

Thanks for asking!
I have posted some pics, I appreciate you taking interest. There are so many cool projects on this forum, it's nice to see and share ideas. I'm learning a lot from all the people here!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for asking!
Oh... found some pics of yours... gonna have a look!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Thank you, putting together a 545 for it, should be fun. Love your truck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, putting together a 545 for it, should be fun. Love your truck.
I'm battling between a 521 build and a 545 build. I'll probably go 521 with the 4.300 crank instead of the 4.500 to avoid any possible clearance issues. 545 is such a nice number though. Really doesn't matter, I'll never get any traction any way lol.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
521/545 crank has the same sized balance weights as the stock 79 up cranks, no clearance issues, just sayin lol. I went through that argument with myself, the Mad Porter settled it for me. Yup, no traction either way especially for you, though you can get bigger rubber on the truck me not so much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts