460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank Dave Meister for his quality workmanship on my 572 at JRC enterprises in Columbus Wi After 16 runs in my 92 f-150 I laid down a 9.8/137 and a 9.7/136 all mtr. no tbrake off the shelf A460 hds.Also anyone who has helped me in making cost effective BBF decisions I also would like to thank them Tom

·
Registered
377 Posts
you are welcome Tom. thanks D. We knew it had the power just needed a little chassis tuning. Getting that monster in the single digits is impressive, let me know when you're going to the track again.

AZFairlane, I believe Tom put the specs in the build up section.

Dave

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Dave Meister said:
you are welcome Tom. thanks D. We knew it had the power just needed a little chassis tuning. Getting that monster in the single digits is impressive, let me know when you're going to the track again.

AZFairlane, I believe Tom put the specs in the build up section.

Dave
Dave,

I don't see it in the build-up section,,,,,,,,,,,so you better get to talking!

Later,

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of the truck as well. And the 60 ft times. Here is a picture of my dads 95 Flareside with a mild 460 and some spray. Ran 12.38 at 109 on 100 shot fully loaded pw, pd, ac, and ps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
sorry I did think it was already in there.
I guess I could give up some info...

stock block
factory crank offset ground
TRW domed pistons
mopar 6.12345 rods
iron heads
650 doublepumper
hft cam

obviously I'm full of S#$%
It's up to tom to give up his specs but seriously now, it's a relatively mild build. big and durable

nice looking truck droppedf100

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like charlie says You better get to talking!

Ok about 4 months ago I did post these specs but I'll do it for the record.

IDT block premier 4.6 bore
SVO Bryant 4.25
Diamonds 13.5
Oliver 6.8
A460 trick flows untouched
Lems comp roller .725/285
crane ultrapro's
crane wide body rockers
Trend pushrods
Jomar girdle
Prosystems 1150 dom.1'' spacer
2.25 headers custom
peterson ext oil pump
8qt moroso
no windage tray now, this is going to change
Th400 ATD built
Dana spooled 4.1 et streets 14.5/31
without spacer [email protected] 730torque 6k fresh motor 30* timing 114octane I run 110/112 at track
Truck is a 92 f-150 all steel except cowl hood and frt bumper stripped down I'm guessing 3700 I think with more tire and If I could launch when the cam starts [4k]with the tbrake. I might pick up another tenth or two.

If anyone here could guide me thru to post pics or a vid I would be happy to do that Thanks TOM from Sussex Wi

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can upload the pictures onto photobucket.com. Then you copy the html code and paste it onto the page and your good to go. I think you can do the same with videos but im not sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Damnit! If i hadn't sold you that short block John I'd still have something to tear down the track with. Oh well, just means I'll be able to save more money to rebuild the big engine. But seriously, thanks John, I appreciate the pat on the back. That 460 took some abuse from me and should keep running for a long time. Now, if I could only get my big engine to work like that.... :oops:

Tom sent me some vids but I can't get them to work. I'll try to post them here and see what you guys can do with them

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to post on the photobucket but they want too much personnel info. Does this forum support pics or vids? Does anyone know of this
ALSO
I forgot to thank'McGuiness' for his technical support on my build. Thanks Adrian.
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts