460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to the track and taken video but this was done by someone who knows what they are doing. He got my three runs that I ran. As you can see something blew at the end but came down to the trans spitting out the over flow tube with no recovery system all over the exhaust. Let that be a lesson learned and advise given!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice vids!

Looks like fun.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Hey, how come you didn't come to my powered by ford race at byron? I don't recall ever seeing your car but apparently we run the same class, I run the 2000 Ranger.

I think a big problem with the flyer was alot of people thought it was something for sale I had more than one person say they didn't need to buy an engine when I was handing them out, I had to explain over and over again that it was a flyer for the race, next year not gonna put engine pics on it:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, how come you didn't come to my powered by ford race at byron? I don't recall ever seeing your car but apparently we run the same class, I run the 2000 Ranger.

I think a big problem with the flyer was alot of people thought it was something for sale I had more than one person say they didn't need to buy an engine when I was handing them out, I had to explain over and over again that it was a flyer for the race, next year not gonna put engine pics on it:rolleyes:.

I didn't hear anything about the event. It sounds like it was a good time.

I only get out about 3-4 times a year with the car. This was my last time for the year especially for the fact that this saturday I noticed when putting the car on stands that all that smoke pouring out on that last run was not from the overflow tube of the trans but from two cracks in the trans case, one which went to the trans pan which is where it leaked from.

Thanks for the comments. I use DOVE heads maxed out. Don't remember what they flowed but alot for factory heads. I shift at 5700 when the shift lite adjuster is not bumped! lol

Car is all motor, off the shelf roller Crower cam. 300/310 duration 700(something) lift.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job on the car. I will be having it again next year hope you will be able to make it then.
Thanks, if you remember send me a PM when you get it set up or hopefully I hear about it some other kind of way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts