460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been bombarding this place with questions regarding suspensions and drive lines, just hang in there for me!

Are guys putting 35 spline axles in non-after market housings? I've heard that an N-case will work, but my chances of finding one are slim..

Where would you recommend I find my 9" housing. Big bearing 70's 4x4 F-150?

Big bearing? Small bearing?

Would like to run the 35 spline setup on a spool..

Thanks

PS+ Going into a 66 Mercury 1/2 ton.. 466 C.I. 550-650 H.P (Drag racing)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been bombarding this place with questions regarding suspensions and drive lines, just hang in there for me!

Are guys putting 35 spline axles in non-after market housings? I've heard that an N-case will work, but my chances of finding one are slim..

Where would you recommend I find my 9" housing. Big bearing 70's 4x4 F-150?

Big bearing? Small bearing?

Would like to run the 35 spline setup on a spool..

Thanks

PS+ Going into a 66 Mercury 1/2 ton.. 466 C.I. 550-650 H.P (Drag racing)
the only company that makes 35 spline axles that will fit a stock Ford N-case is Mark Williams Enterprises --- the rest such as Moser , Strange etc you have to use an aftermarket case using a 3.25 od side bearing.

for the obscene prices the N-case can bring -- simply buy a Strange Engineering case , 35 spline spool and axles and be done with it .as far as a housing a late 70's pickup may work but check the width against your stock housing.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I actually deal with a company that makes aftermarket 9" housings and everything pretty affordably. You can get everything you need from housing, to 3rd member, to discs, and axles for around $1600.00 with everything brand new.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I actually deal with a company that makes aftermarket 9" housings and everything pretty affordably. You can get everything you need from housing, to 3rd member, to discs, and axles for around $1600.00 with everything brand new.
got a website or contact info?

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Sorry guys... just got back to this.

The company is PEM but they don't deal to the public. I do a lot of stuff with them including a lot of our Pro Stock rear gear stuff. I handle a lot of their Drag Race app stuff as that is my specialty. If you are interested in rearend stuff, don't hesistate to get ahold of me. We also work with them on Cryogenic freezing parts and REM polishing on all sorts of parts!

·
Registered
31 Posts
PEM is lightening a set of gears then REM polishing for me right now.

Needed a little bling in the new rear axle :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts