460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to get the Mustang out to the track this weekend with the new 557. I race at the track in Albuquerque; we are at a mile up so it is hard to run fast, we lose about a full second from sea level. I am running in full street trim on pump gas with a foot break.

Ok enough of the excuses.

My best pass of the day was a 10.609 @ 126 with a short time of 1.43. I was pretty happy with how things are coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those are great numbers, especially at that elevation. Sweet looking car as well. :D Tell us more about it.

TJ
It is a back halved car with latter bars, 14x32 ET Streets. $.10 rear-end with 35 spline spool. I am running a C-6 with an Art Car 4800 stall. The motor is a dove block and old Motorsport Cobra Jet heads with a lot of work done to them. With the 18.5 cc dish piston, it is running 11.5 compressions. It has a Victor intake with a 1050 Dominator. The chasse dyno numbers where 585 hp and 513 torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That thing is mean lookin! Those are fantastic numbers at mile high on pump gas!!

More specs please, like cam, induction, headers, etc... thanks!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Very nice car w/numbers to match:cool:;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Nice runs Mark, and good #'s to boot... Ya know at that altitude I'd try a bigger carb... I too run at high altitude, (5200' uncorrected) last summer I took my modified 1250 (1325) with me to the track and swapped it out for my 1050 after making a couple passes, and it picked up almost .2 and almost 3 mph in my truck with a 521 and with no tuning... The corrected altitude that day was 8200'... Just a thought, if you have one around to try...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice runs Mark, and good #'s to boot... Ya know at that altitude I'd try a bigger carb... I too run at high altitude, (5200' uncorrected) last summer I took my modified 1250 (1325) with me to the track and swapped it out for my 1050 after making a couple passes, and it picked up almost .2 and almost 3 mph in my truck with a 521 and with no tuning... The corrected altitude that day was 8200'... Just a thought, if you have one around to try...

Doug...:cool:
Thanks for the sugestion, I am now thinking of selling the car. I guess it is a good time to do it with the new motor and all. So I am not sure it I will have it out to the track again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts